Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Once again, I am fighting with the answer keys in one of my BSCI books. Here are the questions I struggly with; I won't offer my answers nor the answer-key answers; I want to hear everyone's interpretations first.1. Multicasting is efficient in term...

Hi All, I would like to inquire if this design will work and will not cause loop. Server with nic color yellow is a bundle as well as green nic. 3750 is the L3 that holds the SVI and the 2 3560 were trunk going to 3750. Hope to hear your feedback. ...

Mhon Baul by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloWhat is difference between System Bootstrap version Vs IOS version. Do they need to be sameCisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) 3700 Software (C3745-IK9O3S-M), Version 12.3(1a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by c...

Hi;Is it sufficient to apply the following statement,deny ip any 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255if I want to block PINGs to the 10.0.0.0/8 subnet? Or do I have to usedeny icmp any 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255?I am under the impression that the keyword "ip" in the ACL s...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, VMWare slow ping responceWe are running 3 servers on single Dell hardware server. And this server is connected to 3560 swicth. But we find that there is a delay in responce time in this VMware server.Responce time varies from 1 ms to about 200 ms...

Is there something special I need to do to enable an interface on the Nexus 5010? I have 2 of them, I plug into any of the 6509's on any of the X2-10GB-LRM on my WS-X6708-10GE blades in either switch. Plugging into any of the ports on the nexus 5010 ...

I'm trying to track the status of a LAN. Where it's working, servers attached, HSRP operating correctly. I would like to build a probe that would just ask "is anyone on the LAN?". I know I can do PING to x.x.x.255/24 and get multiple answers. One...

jpearson by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI get 8MB Bandwidth from service-provider and need to distribute to different departments on the floor. All departments are on different VLAN.Dept1=4MBDept2=2MBDept3=1MBDept4=512kbDept5=512kbservice-provider >>> Internet_RTR >>> SwitchOn Switch I c...

Hi, i have 3 3750 stacks that I would like to combime into one. The stacks are in use and have interface level configurations such as switchport access vlan xxx. My question is when I combine the stacks will the interface level configurations be lost...

dporod by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does any one knows why the cisco 3550's ethernet ports keepts going up and down?Here is a copy of the running log.Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 1 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled) Consol...

par13 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am deploying a new 6509-E as a core switch which will handle the distribution and aggregate layers. I was curious to know if I should enable Etherchannels Loadbalancing on it and the other 6509s/6513s that I will for the access layer or just th...