Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,Has anyone implemented HQF on IOS version c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25b.bin? Just wwanted to make sure that user configured classes do not starve out the best effort class traffic, by assigning bandwidth xx to this class also. Prior version did...

Hello,If I create an ACL with one statement "permit IP any any", will this have the effect of blocking all non-IP traffic due to the implicit "deny any any" ? I would like to block all non-IP traffic, IPX in particular, on an older switch.Dave

HiI recently got involved in the configuration of cisco switches and I have to configure a new switch for a different vlan. All existing devices are on Vlan1. Here is my question:I have a set of new PCs/Servers that need to be on a seperate VLAN e.g ...

raoul2341 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

SFP

HelloI have switch 2960-24-TC-L ,and module SFPGLC-LH-SM , when connect the SFP to switch see this messageMar 1 00:07:45.785: %GBIC_SECURITY_CRYPT-4-VN_DATA_CRC_ERROR: GBIC in port Gi0/1 has bad crcbut i'm know from data sheet the 2960 support GLC-L...

Hello allI am new to this forum/discussions and I hope i will find great help from all.I am working towards BCMSN and I am bit confused about Cat OS and Cat IOS. Any help would be appericaited. Thanks in advance

Is there anything, short of an administrator, that can cause a switch running VTP Transparent mode to switch to VTP server mode? I dont believe there is but I wanted to be sure.Trying to solve a mystery which I think professor plumb is guilty in the...

Hi All, newbie to qos.Trying to get qos implemented within our district bw two video conf units.I've attached a sketch of what I've done and what I'm planning to do.Hoping for some best practice advice, or corrections on what I might have done wrong....

Dears,I want to team two ports in my 2 Cisco Catalyst 2960 i which I want the port (Switch1)F0/1 and (Switch1)F0/2 to act as one port and connect them to (Switch2)F0/1 and (Switch2)F0/2 which should in turn acts as one port,how can I configure this o...

Hi,We have a MPLS network between to datacenter locations. Between the core nodes we have 1 Gbps Ethernet links transported via a DWDM network.We are now in the process of upgrading the capacity between the datacenters.The final solution is to implem...

jorgensor by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Once again, I am fighting with the answer keys in one of my BSCI books. Here are the questions I struggly with; I won't offer my answers nor the answer-key answers; I want to hear everyone's interpretations first.1. Multicasting is efficient in term...