Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two 3725 routers with NM-16ESW module each. I made sure both routers are in VTP server mode, in the same VTP domain and that trunk ports are configured.When I create VLAN100 on router DLS1, it did not propagate to router DLS2 (through VTP). Ho...

Do I need to have PIM enabled on a local network or is IGMP enough for multicast data delivery. We have the MC source connected to a Layer 2 Cisco switch that has IGMP snooping enabled. The MC receivers are also connected to this switch. Is it pos...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to use the track command to determine if a route is present or not via eigrp. If the route is not present then I would like HSRP to fail over to the standby router.I'm tracking a route to a loopback across a WAN interface. The tracking w...

christew by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Mates,WS-C4507R input and output traffic rate are zero on multiple Gig interfaces.Existing OS is cat4500-ipbase-mz.122-50.SG1 and SUP engine is Sup V-10GE 10GE (X2). We have 2 ethernet modules WS-X4548-GB-RJ45. We are seeing L3 in Switched and L3 ...

Hello:I did this once and can't remember the command line to use to unpack a tar file from tftp to switch. I've tried the following and get error opening tftp even though it's running and permissions in placearchive tar tftp://10.0.5.53/html.tar flas...

dj214 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello allI've this little problemI need to connect an important switch to rps power, I'm testing this operation on another offline identical switch.When I connect rps to the switch, rps led on the switch start blinking amber (from manual I can see th...

I have a 4507R with redundant Sup IV's running IOS 12.2(25)EWA6. They are in SSO mode, however one is in Standby Cold, not Standby Hot. So if I try "redundancy force-switchover" it tells me the standby is not ready. I have searched and cannot find ho...

Hi All,I hope you can help.I have a Cisco 3750 switch stack connected to an Extreme Networks switch via 2 fast ethernet ports. On both switches the speed and duplex have been set to 100/Full.The Cisco 3750 switch is acting as the root bridge, and I ...

Hi I have switch 4500 on whcich i am getting high CPU utilization when we chechked by command show process cpu it showing it is due to "Cat4k Mgmt LoPri" and " Ip input" and cisco doc suggest the command "show platform health" and found the process "...

vaibhav-g by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i am facing issue with acl. actually one of my customer reported an issue that he able to configure extended acl with multiport port number in single acl but when the same is going to configure on 6509 not taking the same. My query is that it is poss...

vaibhav-g by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes