Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Error message

I received some error%SYS-5-EOBC_CHANNELREINIT:Ethernet out of band channel reinitialized (1)can't find any information. Please help.

lokob by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,We've configured etherchannel on 4 interfaces. 2 interfaces are up and 2 are down.we have the following message when trying to enable the interface: 7w3d: %PM-SP-4-ERR_DISABLE: diagnostics error detected on Gi2/43, putting Gi2/43 in err-disabl...

We have a 3750 gig running c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-40.SEIn an attempt to monitor only received traffic we entered this command;Monitor session 1 source int gig1/0/1 , gi1/0/4 - 24 rxBut it appears we are still capturing both send and receive traf...

Hi all,I have a question about rspan which i am unable to lab up at this time. the topology is the following:ACCESS1-----CORE-----ACCESS2An rspan vlan 300 is defined on all switches and trunks.Suppose i mirror some ports on the core, to the rspan vla...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I am trying to download cisco network assistant 5 and i am receiving an error. I tried downloading even older versions and i am still receiving the same interna error result. I understand that cna is free. I would really appreciate it if anyo...

If you have your vtp domain set to NULLand have all the switches in the switch fabric/enterpriseconfigured for transparent mode.This takes care of really worrying about vtp prunage/pruningright or wrong?But with dot1q encap you will still have the vl...

Hi everybody.Let say we have a followng scenario: pc------R1------R2- console-----User2Let say a user zee telnets into R1 from pc.While at R1, telnet into R2. Once at R2, zee suspends the telnet to R2 by using ctrl-shift 6 X, and goes back to R1 prom...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been working lately to update the network designs for our various field offices. The first effort is to upgrade spanning tree to 802.1w using cisco's rpvst+. I had not noticed it before, but due to the rapid convergence, i'm now observing that s...

Two Switch Catalyst 2960G, several Servers each with 2 NICs.To improve the Hight-Availability I plan to connect the NICs of each Server one on each Catalyst.The question is: on the Server I can configure the NICs only "active/Standby"; it is no way t...

battanc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!I was reading my book when encountered the following:The command " netstat-rn" on windows xp host shows host routing table.I always believe the routers have routing table. How could a host have routing table?Thanks a lot.

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a very simple question for layrer 2 switch behaviour, what will happen if a switch receive a 802.1Q tagged frame on its port and the port is not tagged for that vlan but tagged for other vlans. But the switch is configured for that VLAN on...

kthned by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the following setup on a port on my 2950:interface FastEthernet0/23 switchport mode access switchport port-security switchport port-security mac-address 0009.4302.5614 duplex half speed 10I have the port-security violation shutdown enabled as ...

jfraasch by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Debug issue !

hi all. recently i faced an issue when there was a conflict in 2 deptts. Server and WAN. One of the client from a remote site wasnt able to form connection with Server. I did debug, access-list on interface matching, Packet capture on IOS to make sur...