Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have workstation on VLAN 100 (Access Switch). When doing a source ping from another vlan (15) on the core (6509) i can ping some of the workstation on vlan 100, but can not ping others. If i source ping a workstation from VLAN 100 i get replies wit...

I'm working on a limited budget (who isn't) and want to upgrade my 6509's running a Sup 2 with an MSFC card to something a bit newer. I'd like to be able to go for the Sup 720's but I doubt I can. Would the Sup 32 work? I need a full layer 3 ability ...

rshum by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The 6509 switch is runningCatOs is version 8-4-1 The MFSC2/PFC2 is running 12.2( 18)SXF4 just like the document.I have followed Cisco doc id:790974There are some command used on the MFSC side which are not available in the Hybrid set up of this versi...

dagin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am upgrading some hardware and want to move the STP root bridge primary and secondary with least disruption possible. We have about 20 VLANs, does it make any difference if 'spanning-tree vlan X root primary' commands are entered all at once for al...

thlnm by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi - (pardon the ignorance)I believe this is a config issue. Since I basically unpacked everything mounted the chassis and inserted the cards. In an essence no config. Anyhow, I notice amber light on the sup engine in slot 4. No matter what I do, the...

planzone by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, How can I know what is the bandwidth limit that my cisco 3620 and 2811 routers can handle? What are the factors to be considered when I upgrade my its current bandwidth?Thanks in advance.Cheers!

Hello,I want to Translate all my internal addresses on my WAN cisco's address.I have followed NAT overload configuration sample in Cisco documentation, but that doesn't work. No translations are perfomed for my internal adresses. Could you help me ?...

Hello -I want to allow access to two systems behind a router and have achieved part of that, but for some reason, the additional ip scopes added don't have access using access-list 101. Can someone please look at my config and let me know what I may...

cacmk5 by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dynamic routing EIGRP running on all router and L3 switches on both sites.Two ISP circuits between sites. 10MB lease line and 2MB Serial circuit.Problem:On switch (Sw-SideA), when I run 'shop ip eigrp topology I only see one route to 10.60.0.0/24 net...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Router Capability

Hi Guys, How can I know what is the bandwidth limit that my cisco routers can handle? What are the factors to be considered. Thanks in advance.Cheers!

Hi all, after a rogue adsl router nearly bought my clients to a halt over the weekend. I am going to look into implenting dhcp snooping.Firstly, Can anyone tell me where we do this, do we do it on all switches, or do layer 3 switches only support thi...

Dear Team,If we disable ip classless command in routers then the router will discard the packet for unknown subnets which fall winthin a kniwn major network but it forward packets via default route which belongs to different networks.Now i want to kn...

Resolved! IOS name

Hi There,can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the last part of IOS name = .SE5 (in a switch IOS image) ?c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.binAny link with this information ?Thanks.Andrei.