Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Good morning to all,could you tell me some particular situations in which the auxiliary port of a router/L3 switch must be used?Thanks

Hi every body!My understanding is in order for trunk to form, both ends must be configured with same trunk encapsulation i.e dotq or isl.However, i encountered something in my book which says if one end is configured with isl and the other with dot1q...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI every body!Let say we have a multilayer switch.We want to configure f0/1 as trunk.Please consider the following configuration :switch(config) int f0/1Switch(config-if) switchport mode trunkwill setting the trunk mode on fo/1 automatically set the ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!I understand Cisco'S recommendation about one-to-one correspondence between vlan and ip subnet.MY book says though it is not good pratice but one vlan can have more than one ip subnet.For example two host h1 and h2 are connected to hub ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Do 6500 series supervisor engines have a model that can create SVIs with 10G bandwidth? We are uplinking data center access switches to the distribution switches using 10G transceivers but the we end up with 1G routing speed between the SVI vlans cr...

jdw28 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I attempted to update the IOS on a Catalyst 2916M switch. The boot file was corrupted and I have been unable to resolve the problem. I have now problem uploading a new .bin file but the unit does have enough memory. When i attempt to delte the old .b...

There are a two 4507s at the core of a data centre I am working on. They are running HSRP between them for various vlan interfaces, as well as OSPF as a routing protocol.I have noticed that the CPU utilisation is sitting at around 37% normally.CPU ut...

tobin_jim by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes