Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have gone through a 4500 swith config file. I'm not able to understand the meaning/feature of this configurations. Can we run without this...anything on thisthanks in advancebaajee..

Hi Team Anyone with some form of documentation with regards to the WS-X6748-GE-TX Oversubsription rate/ or calculation Thanks in Advance

tmailula by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a couple of 2950's I need to connect over a length of multimode fibre (50/125), my problem is that the total length is nearly 1Km. I'm aware that the maximum distance the cisco GBics etc and SFP's are a maximum of 550m - but I need more!!A...

mark.hall by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference in the IOS for a 6500 for a 12.2.33-SX(F) and a 12.2.33-SX(H)? The only difference is the last letter, and Im wondering if I can go from one to the other on the 6500 without worry. Anyone have ...

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i am fairly new to cisco but i think im now in a position where im ready to make a network. I am required to setup the following: 1. Office Network 2. Web Network Both networks must be on separate IP ranges, i want my office network to be able to...

awdscot83 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm just starting to learn my IP protocols. I have just started on RIP version 2 with just 2 routers. Once I can get these 2 router ping each other I will add a 3rd router.Attached are my 2 routers configs, I just want to ping the both LAN's whi...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 6500 w/ Sup 720 (12.2(18)SXD5,) in our data center, one of the vlan interfaces is receiving alot of input queue drops/flushes. It is only roughly 0.002% of the packets, and doesn't appear to be causing any major issues.Increasing the queue...

burruss by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need some expert advise on how to perfrom probing in load balance environment. This is my first post here... very little router experience.Basically, I want to load balance two Windows Sharepoint intranet web servers. The two servers are ident...

ultra-man by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

does any one know what can sporadically cause the router to clear the arp table for some host but not all. this is just one of many VLANS that do this. I have other that 90% of the arp entries timeout at the same time. I do not have arp timeout confi...

sschulak by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes