Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone know of a software that monitors the LAN and sends an alert when an available IP address outside of a DHCP scope gets used up so it can be checked and verified by the administrator ?.Sorry ,just realised I posted on wrong forum, ooops

Hi,I need some confirmation/info about using Cat4500 SUP6-E with ClassicChassis/E-Chassis with ClassicLineCards/E-linecardsWe have two 4510R nodes with single SUPV and five classic module per node which I would migrate to SUP6-E without changing neit...

oguarisco by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 3560, with egress of 3M. I have two connections - one going to video equipment, the other going to firewall. When video equipment is being used i want 80% on the 3M to be used for that purpose. When video is not used, i want all BW to ...

c.adisesh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we're looking for top of the rack switches in the data center. These will be for server connectivity. Stacking features of 3750e look pretty appealing as far as management goes. Would there be significant performence gain by going with 4948s? any one...

Hi,I am looking for advice on which switch would be the best for my environment.Our network is very small, but highly sensitive to speed and latency. Our systems receive an average of 5Mbps - 10Mbps multicast data, with millisecond peaks of +120Mbps...

mariov652 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently have 7 Cisco 3750 switches in a stack, connected as follows:Switch 1 P1 to Switch 2 P2Switch 1 P2 to Switch 7 P1Switch 2 P1 to Switch 3 P2Switch 2 P2 to Switch 1 P1Switch 3 P1 to Switch 4 P2Switch 3 P2 to Switch 2 P1Switch 4 P1 to Switch ...

mitchen by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everybody,I was planning to load balance our 4506 core switch with a Cisco 3750G switch. Let me know how we can have it. Ay possibility that both switch can be configured as VTP servers, so that if 4506 switch goes down, then the 3750G switch can ...

arabindas by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to assign a new gateway for a quarantainenet vlan. The gateway is located in another subnet. This subnet is only available via routing.When i set a new gateway via policy based routing. I receive an error policy based routing rejected - ...