Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a question regarding the way trunks operate in an environment where all the switches are in transparent mode.Image the following scenario.You have 4 switches trunked in the following configuration. A connects to B -> Connects to C -> connects ...

yurixewx7 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a C6504 with dual sup32-pisa's. I need to upgrade the IOS on the sups and want to do the upgrade without any down time. In a test environment I have tried to do the upgrade according to the documentation but I loose connectivity to the switch ...

ssjoberg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 4 WS-C3750-24TS-S in stack. The command "show cpu history" shows in the 72 hour table cpu load of 100% instances. However I,m monitoring the cpu load with rmon and the alarm never fires. My high level threshold is set at 60%. I tested the rmon...

Dirks by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Every document I find on Cisco's website seems to indicate that the SFP-GE-S is not supported on the 2960 platform. However, I have a customer who is using one in a 2960 connected to a 4506. Does anyone know if this used to be supported, or is curren...

g-pate by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to perform some testing on the link between my router's E1 WIC and the provider's smartjack and am looking at cisco's ability to do that. I've come up with the following, but can anyone add, remove, update my commands so they are as accur...

I am looking to set up a ip reachability policy. I have never dont it before and am looking information on it either by you telling me or someone showing me were good documintation is on this. Thanks Chris

Hello,Here is a quick overview of our setup.We have a 4 NIC Port on our NAS server which are Intel Pro 1000 PT connectors. They support teaming and vlan and some advanced features.ALL 4 are connected to port 41,42,43 and 44 of our Cisco WS-C2960G-48T...

Hi, I need to desing High Availibility for a medium size network, for that I need to know the technical difference beteen 3750 and 4500 switches, will the first one supports both the things.Kindly provide solution for 3750 and 4500 for attached netwo...

I need to understand what config-register for 0x0 actually means for feature boards. The Cisco explanation states:Setting the configuration register to 0x0 will prevent the feature boards from booting when the controller card is rebooted. Does that m...

rlortiz by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I would like to know if I can use the interface loopback on access switches (Catalyst 3750) to reach them vía telnet.I have an interface vlan defined with an ip address (interface vlan 10 ip address 10.10.1.5 Management)but I need to access those...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card