Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Vlan overlapping

hi all,i have three vlan as mentioned below- int vlan 80 ip add 10.101.108.129 255.255.255.224int vlan 90 ip add 10.101.108.161 255.255.255.224int vlan 100ip add 10.101.108.193 255.255.255.224my prob is i want to delete this two vlan 90 & 100 and wa...

network by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am working on a new network configuration for our company and I'm not sure if I have the right equipment to do what I'm wanting to do. We just got a direct allocation of IPs directly from ARIN and we're setting them up.Here's the equipment ...

Resolved! VLSM

Hi,I have a confusion with regard to VLSM. I have read, during my degree, that in order to do VLSM, we should start from the top (i.e. the highest number of hosts required). However,i have also seen cases (Cisco Dumps particularly), where they have s...

I have discovered a problem with my newotk on one particular vlan. The problem startedwith a dhcp issue. No clients whatsoever could get a ip address from vlan2 on the switch,but there were no problems with the other vlans. The router itself acts as ...

frkainvid by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi everybody!i just want to know if two switches sw1 and sw2 are connected as:sw1---------------------sw2 f0/1 f0/2will the trunk form if sw1 is configured as:sw1(config-if)switchport mode dynamic autosw2 is configured as:sw2(config...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need help temp setting up to allow multicasts through my PIXs at my remote sites. Basically here's what I need:I am using Altiris Deployment Console for HP Thin Clients and all thin clients are setup to find the deployment console server through mu...

I am sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find it and need to be sure. From what I have read it is NOT possible to create an etherchannel from a single server with one connection each to two different 6509 chassis. No VSS SUP or any 10G port...

Hi All,My access switch has just rebooted automatically. What command should I use to find out the cause of the incident aside from show logs, show diagnostic?I need the data to provide to TAC.Thanks,Allen

ellendrew by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The loggs below is from my core.. the port bening refered to is my route switch moudle. should i change the trunking mode to DOT1Q. It is currently on ISL2008 Jul 23 15:52:19 PDT -07:00 %PRUNING-6-TRIGJOIN:trunk 15/1- send trig Join2008 Jul 23 15:5...

ougwuoke by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1801 router connected to the Internet configured wit NAT. An outbound service-policy is configured on the public interface to prioritise an application which is working.I want to prioritise traffic from one of my wireless clients also...

I'm troubleshooting one way muticast problem and when i do show ip igmp groups it show stopped on one router, can someone tell me what could be the problem? sh ip igmp groups IGMP Connected Group Membership Group Address Interface Uptime Expires Last...

nawas by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all-I don't have the ip pim multicast-routring statement enabled but I still see the multicasts registered by the outbound interface(Illustration below). How do I disable the interface from receiving multicasting on the router? Output queue: 0/40 ...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes