Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

All,In my studying I have been instructed that in order to pass Vlan traffic between 2 devices you need a L2 trunk and if you want to pass L3 data you need a routed link. I have also been instructed that L3 data doesn't pass over L2 trunks and vice v...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a simple network with 4 Catalyst 2940 - 48 port switches with the EI image. We use a BCM400 Nortel VOIP product. VOIP phones are plugged into data jacks and computers into the phones. Here is my current config (reduced) from the switch that co...

I have a 3750g-48 switch with static IP and 12.2.35 se2 ipservicek9 ios working fine. By mistake I connected another 3750g with the same IP address but with 12.2.44 se2 ios. they both have the same vlan. I shutdown the vlan on the new switch and the...

From the BGP config bellow, what is this aggregate-address do?Also, this is suppose to advertise 16 class C's, yet I only see 3 being advertised... ?!? Confused...router bgp 17xxx no synchronization bgp log-neighbor-changes network xxx.xxx.224.0 net...

pipsadmin by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Quick question...If I pull a dynamic IP, I can get anywhere on my local network, including my intrAnet. I can ping the wan using an ip address or FQDN (google.com or 64.233.167.99, however I can't surf it. IF -- IF IF IF -- I supply a static IP add...

tip-admin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

has anyone used cat 3750 stacking with Multiple spanning tree (802.1s) active to group vlans on the stacking switches?in the attachment, i have two 3750 in the stack. the top switch is the master with Vlan 4 active on all ports and trunking to core ...

Hi,One of my customers had an incident that the flashs of the core switch, HQ WAN router and all the branches' routers were formatted and the images were deleted at the same day!We are restoring his network and investigating into the situation. The c...

Hello,I have a question about the design guide on LAN with the root guard.In my example, I have 2 Core switch : Core A and Core B. Core A is root bridge for vlan 1 to 10 and Core B is root bridge for vlan from 11 to 20.I have only one distribution sw...

Hi Guys,I have a 2948g-ge-tx switch. It says the supervisor module has failed. I dont have physical access to the switch and form the web I found out that it is a fixed configuraiton switch. show moduleMod Slot Ports Module-Type Model ...

Hi,trying to set up Qos on a 2960. What i want to do : Tagging port Fa0/4 to Cos 5I've done this with 2950 EI but it doesn't work witch 2960Here's my configurationmls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56mls qosinterface FastEthernet0/4 description ...

gbusson by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3750 stacked

I have an exsisting 3750 and will be adding a second via the stack cable. I realize that they need to run the same code. I should power them off, hook them up, then boot them. I also realize that the interfaces will change IE from fa 1/0 to fa 1/0/1 ...

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,What is the behavior a PVST environment when a router "sub-interface" configured with a particular VLAN is shutdown/brought up. The router connects to a c2950 dot1Q trunk port configured for few VLANs.When there's a change of the physical interfac...

rsgamage1 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes