Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys,i configured mac address filtering and ip filtering on cisco catalyst 4506 like the configuration below, the ip filtering works fine but not mac filtering feature.could someone help me for that ? Regards.Mustapha.---Switch(config)# mac access...

tdanetsco by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI have an access switch WS-C4506 (122-25.EWA.bin) which is redundant connected over trunks to two distribution Switches WS-C6509-E (122-33.SXH.bin)and I use rapid spanning tree.One Vlan (not vlan1) is blocked on access switch and the other is ...

marcopolo by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We had new switches installed and when I tried to install a new module, the ports are orange. The person who installed them must have disabled something, since when I install the new module in an existing slot, the module works fine. Can someone gi...

We have always been able to telnet to this switch and now we get : "Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed"I know if I reboot this I will be able to telnet to it, but this is our core switch and I was wondering if there is ...

nheryford by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just wanted to run something by the community.Using fakeIPs for the example:ISP IP: 192.168.2.1Our IP Currently: 172.16.0.1Our New IP Range: 12.18.0.1 to 12.18.5Using Cisco IS 12.4T on 871------------------------------------Currently configured DNSFE...

QoS

Hi There;Can someone tell me what the most common QoS method is? Is it CBWFQ/LLQ/WRED etc?Thanks

austindaz by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiIm troubleshooting a strange phenomen in our Routed campus LAN, wich consist basically of 6500 with CatOS and MSFC2 with IOS 12.1 / 12.2 and OSPF as routing protocoll.Here is the cenario:From a given source to a given destinageion there are 4 hops....

We purchased an ASA 5520 last October and have been having problems with uploads speeds since installing the device. We purchased a 6MB up and download line from an ISP. The ASA is set to 10 full duplex and the ISP has reassured me that they are al...

Let explain my current topology briefly and what i am planning to do. Currently i have about 20 3560's that i will be putting into layer 3 and running EIGRP soon. Right now they are in layer 2 connecting to a 4506 which is doing inter vlan routing. ...

I downloaded a ios file from cisco site. it is saved on my desktop, what is the easy way to copy it from the dsktp to the router.there is no scp or tftp on my Lan, will establish that later, but for now just needed the easy install.. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card