Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Guys, I have a question regarding stateless autoconfig. I want to disable it on a LAN interface for testing purposes. I have used the 'ipv6 nd suppress-ra' command to, what I thought, would prevent autoconfigurations, but as I look at the output of...

Hi All,Quick quesiton:I have atrunked link between a Cisco 3550 and a Cisco 3750. This trunk carries a number of VLANs as well as being used as a Layer 3 OSPF link for lots of other VLANs. One of the VLANs that is trunked is the Voice VLAN.One end of...

ACL

Hi All, Can anyone help me to understand the below access-list access-list zzz permit ip host yy.xx.224.0 host 255.255.252.0 Thanks Regards Anantha Subramanian Natarajan

I was running a debug command on my router as a user is complaining that he has problem connecting to a server. I asked the user to do a ping from the source to the destination while i ran debug. On the debugs I saw:6w6d: IP: s=205.248.197.50 (Seria...

wgranada1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a Cat 6509 with Sup720, multicast routing emabled, PIM on relevant interfaces. In troubleshooting a multicast problem, I see the following behavior that I can't explain. I have wireshark running on my PC to watch IGMP, from which I am run...

In Switch4506 pop-up the log information.There isn't specific configuration in the device.The mac-address is a specific server's net card's address. The server maybe will send the packets which likes the ARP spoofing packets.I want to screen this log...

rhl_china by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there anyway to get into the device when you don't have local user defined and you have lost TACACS server? I'm in the situation where I have lost TACACS server and there is no localuser defined in the device. I console into it and I get the usern...

nawas by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, if I created a rule on my firewall to allow any to any comms for all ip, would this have to look into every packet? and if I created a rule with a certain tcp port only allowed, which this mean less processing or more than the allow all rule ...

Hi AllI'm having a bit of a dilema configuring some 2960 switch ports for port security.Each Port must only see one legal device connected to it and shutdown should someone connect an illegal device.I have configured the port accordingly. But if I ha...

Hello , I have issue with DMVPN network , Dual HUB singel DMVPN Spoke-To-Spoke mode , running OSPF .When the Primery HUB is down , the Spoke router still send NHRP request to him .(IP OSPF priority and ip ospf network broadcast have been defined ).Do...

y-asulin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone help me please ?I have a system with a single NIC with one IP adress of 198.x.x.x in VLAN 10 & we require an IP address of 172.x.x.x as the 2nd IP address on the NIC. This system is connected to a 6509 switch. VLAN 10 is having restricte...