Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a non-cisco application connected to a 6500 server farm switch port gi0/2.I notice that if this command "Spanning-tree guard root" is not in the interface, it will not work.What is the reason behind when this application is not going to be ele...

Hi,We are using two ISP A and B, I want to send the HTTP traffic via ISP A and mail SMTP traffic via ISP B. Would you please let me know the simple configuration for this concept.RegManju

Hello all, I have been testing a NAT configuration on an old 2651XM router, and for some reason file transfers wont go higher than "0.0-10.2 sec 32.7 MBytes 27.0 Mbits/sec" while all involved network interfaces are 100Mb/s at least, does anybody kn...

hi all,running sup32 with vrf-lite/802.1x. running 12.2(33)SXH2a, we created the aaa and radius. source the interface from a VRF, but for some reason it can't communicate to that VRF via radius. everything else works. i'm able to ping the host. ...

SAP by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Netpro community,I am puzzled by the high number of ignore counter showing on vlan 1.Base on the output of debug ip error, here is the captured output:9w1d: datagramsize=342, IP 51203: s=137.55.136.151 (Vlan1), d=255.255.255.255, totlen 328, fra...

Hi.I'm using Cisco Network Assistant. and under View > System Messages i'm recieving this : Description: Interface GigabitEthernet0/10, changed state to downExplanation: The interface hardware went either up or down. Recommended Action: If the sta...

majdalani by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to setup ip helper for an older application. Examination of the broadcast packet shows that the ttl is set to 1.Is there a way to change the ttl by matching the packet and having the router increase the ttl to the needed diameter?

I have two private networks that touch at a NAT router:192.168.16.0/2410.1.0.0/24I have a workstation with an IP address of 192.168.16.10 that needs to access the server resources on IP address 10.1.0.23. For security reasons, we want to use NAT to p...

my CW server has SSH version 1. some of my devices currently running SSH V.2. should I upgrade my ssh on CW server to Version 2. or CW still able to access those devices with other transport method for Netconfigration

i am trying to configure a multicast network. Is there any program i can use to test out multicast. This is for my CCIE training. Preferrablly a windows program. Something with a server and client.

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can some experts please take a look at my 2 designs and tell me which is better and why?Why would you pick one over the other?And if the designs would work. I'm trying to find out which would provide the best performance and redundancy. What are the ...

We have a solution we are working on that requires dynamic vlan assignement.We are setting up wireless guest access.What are going to do is create an SSID for guest users, when the user authenticates to our ACS they will be given the VLAN info and ac...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card