Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Here it is from show start:boot-start-markerboot system flash :c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.t5.binboot system flash:c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T5.binboot-end-markerI see where the boot system flash : is wrong as there not supposed to be a spa...

I've just upgraded my 6506 Supervisor engine (WS-SUP32-GE-3B) to s3223-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-18.sxf12.bin. After the initial start I try to do a wr or copy run start and I get a message that the system can not find the start-up config. Has anyone ...

Hi,I have some local name-servers configured on a router using the ip name-server command.The router also knows about some external DNS servers that were supplied via DHCP - the WAN interface uses DHCP to obtain its IP address and gets some DNS serve...

I had a 871 between a LAN and two networks one Outside and another "inside" (different sub-net) LAN provided by an outdoor wireless device.I need to NAT inside LAN to Outside while the outdoor wireless stay up, but if the wireless goes down I need to...

feliciogs by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to change the allow vlans in remote on an etherchannel between two catalysts 6500 (IOS), can i have problems? I thought that the channel can be instable when you change the config on one site and then on the other site. What is the way to go a...

pbogaerts by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is this hardware limitation or am I missing something00:02:05: %C6KPWR-SP-4-UNSUPPORTED: unsupported module in slot 1, power not allowed: WS-X6748-GE-TX is not supported in slot 1-8 in WS-C6513 chassis.00:02:05: %C6KPWR-SP-4-UNSUPPORTED: unsupported ...

nawas by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am using PVST now and planning to migrate to RSTP. Which is good in performance and why? I have configured 20 VLAN's in my switch.

drnteam by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,i have a two switches for two seperate depts,i would like to configure mac address filtering on the switch so that users cannot communicate with each other.can someone help with configuration guide.

we have 5 Nos of 2950 s/w and One router. On one 2950 s/w port connected to a computer is using more bandwidth, because of this the router and switch ports are going off and on. How to find which port on which switch is using more bandwidth and set ...

Hi,I'm in process of ordering two ACE appliances.I have two core switches with layer 3 connectivity to the server farm switches (4506).I'm suggesting installing the two appliances as layer3 mode. If I understood the layer3 mode well, one port of each...