Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Need to drop some "configlets" via tftp onto my 6500. Getting "%PARSER-4-BADCFG: Unexpected end of configuration file".Does anyone know that I need to end my txt file with to let the IOS parser "end-of-file"?

dmooreami by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently I am trying to pass multicast through a sidewinder firewall using PIM Dense mode. I have an internal router on the inside of the firewall and an external router on the other side, all interfaces are configured for PIM Dense… The firewa...

frankbr77 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In various Cisco documentation, I have read that VTP version 1 and VTP version 2 are incompatible or inoperable when implemented in the same domain. I have recently started a new job and have discovered that both versions are implemented in the doma...

dgj1 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi i m new to this cisco platform .. What the following configuration meansinterface Tunnel1 description GRE - Mumbai ip address 10.205.99.209 255.255.255.252 ip ospf network point-to-point tunnel source FastEthernet0/0 tunnel destination 10.207.42.3...

vinothlb1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

At what point does a STP re-convergence begins? Is it immediately following a link failure, or after a switch hasn't recieved a BPDU update within a certain amount of attempts? Also, when does the 20 Second Maxage timer begin?

Hello All:Got a question about configuring a secondary IP on an interface. First a little background on the question.I have a 3620 routing between our 2 subnets. The interface FA0/1 on 3620 configured with 10.0.4.2 connected to a 3660 fa0/1 10.0.4.1....

dj214 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There,Below is the configuration of the switch which is having problem. Summary of the problem is when I add host on Vlan210 I am not able to ping that host and if I execute is sh ip arp is it show "incomplete" status. Please help me out to solve ...

I have configured two ports into two VLANs(VLAN20 and VLAN30) in each of the three L2 switches which are connected to an L3 switch. Rest of the ports are in VLAN1. The L3 switch is connected to the router ethernet interface. The subnets are hereVLAN ...

HiIf I'm advertising a route let's 10.20.0.0/16 to go to router X (i.e in AS1234), and then I advertise that 10.20.10.0 needs to go to router Z (AS4321), will the BGP routers in the MPLS send a packet with a destination of 10.20.10.4 to router "Z" ...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,if i have a vlan that spans multiple switches would i have to create a VACL on each switch that has ports in that VLAN?I guess the same question applies to normal span ports would i have to creat a span port on each switch to capture all data from...

ogormam2 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

These is the situation:-There is a more VLANs in our corporate network and we have need for WOL functionality in network. WOL server is member of one VLANs -routing between VLANs is performing on router(there are subinterfaces on ethernet interface, ...