Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello. I have a cisco 3550-24 that in periods keeps disappearing. friday-saturday: 148 times, yesterday-today: 45 times. Monday:zero. The worst thing is that I can't get to it, it's locked inside a building I'm not allowed to set foot in. To do physi...

markraves by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,As I know the STP root port is a switch port with the lowest cost to the root bridge. The the Switch has to choose between 2 ports witch equal cost to the root, to port with the lower ID becomes the root. PortID=priority.number (ex: 128.7).I...

All,I'll really appreciate an urgent help. I have a 3750G that is receiving about 200Mbps of multicast data in 200 groups.Data gets routed to a number of vlans and to PIM-Sparse tree.The problem is that We have 40-90% CPU utilization, main consumer i...

I am faceing one problem in platfrom 4507R runing routing protocol is eigrpi hv created 5 no vlan and i am advertising 4 no vlan on eigrp except vlan 5 , switch start got rebootingif i advertise all vlan ( 5 no) this switch is working ok.platfrom det...

a.rooprao by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3550 with Version 12.1(22)EA4Which I have Rapid spanning tree and a switch set as spanning-tree vlan 1 priority 4096When I configure thisinterface range Gi0/1 -2!switchportswitchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitchport mode trunkswitchport tru...

jfeo by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts,I am getting message from one of my switch-port like"MESSAGE INFO : Jun 17 17:53:42 gmt: %PORT_SECURITY-SP-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address 0014.22ca.6cc5 on port GigabitEthernet1/20"I am thinking abo...

Resolved! PBR on 3560

I have a 3560 running 12.2.25 with all interfaces in vlan 1 except G0/1 to 1 WAN circuit and G0/14 to different WAN circuit.Interface vlan 1 has subnet A as primary, subnet B as secondary.I want all traffic source subnet A to go to G0/1 and all traff...

hellawellr by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have configured syslog on my Catalyst 6509.I have used following commands.---------------------------------------- logging buffered 16384 logging trap notifications logging facility local7 logging 10.112.64.7 ser...

Need to check with your guys.Recently, i applied one ACL statement to prevent 1 servers establish RDC(3389) to another server within same vlan.It works pretty well. When i tried on 2 switches with diferrent IOS version:1. Core Switch (s72033_rp Softw...

i have a new cisco 7301 with a CF-256. when start booting it displays two errors message : 'unknown CPU card ID in eeprom' and after : cannot determine first file on device "slot0:" '. After this step it displays the prompt of ROMON>Any way to load t...

dom.a by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been having trying to connect to my 2900 xl switch console with my laptop , however the screen is blank nothing is poping up on the screen . I was wondering whether a DB9 SERIAL RS232 TO USB CONVERTER connected to the console port could be th...

Would it be possible to use HSRP for two unlike cisco models ? Example, HSRP between ethernet ports of cisco 2600 & 3600.Thanks !

Hi,The document says 2610XM CPU have ability of handling 25000packets/sec. However, in my experiment system, when the CPU usage reaches 90%, I can only observe, by "show interfaces", 5 minutes input rate 1965000 bits/sec, 2611 packets/sec and 5 minut...

insert7992 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been seeing some odd issues between my 2950 and the Linksys Gigabit switches people are using in their cubicles. Their network connections are dropping off quite suddenly.Only when users force their connection to 100 meg full duplex does the ...

kerryjcox by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card