Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two switches, switch1 and switch2, plugged into each other with a layer2 trunk link. I also have a 3rd switch, switch3, plugged into both those switches with a L3 link, all switches are running eigrp.My question is, I've set up a /32 address ...

niro by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey, Within the next few weeks i'll be setting up trunking between my Switches and to the Router to work with ROAS. I'll also be looking into routing between VLANS but i dont have enough machines to stick in each VLAN to ping and test. I know of the ...

Is there any emulator utility for Cisco Switches as Dynagen for Cisco Routers? Moreover such utility(if there is) runs on Windows Plateform, i hope that anyone have knowledge about it..

Hi all, a simple question i guess..but need confirmation..we have configured vlans on my l3 switch and this is connected to a router. l3 switch is configured for ip routing. Here are the below configurations.For switch this is configured..interface F...

zanub by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to create a new setup using cisco 3750 switches. They will replace 2950 switches which are cascaded using GBIC ports. Need I connect the 3750 switches using stack cables. And in this case therewon't be any requirement to use 10/100 ports to ca...

Dear,I tried to make simple configuration for SOHO with Cisco 1841.Problem is that I Can't access static NATed host from local segement(192.168.1.n)with x.y.z.3(global address). Target host is located in the same segment(192.168.1.n).However, I can a...

syaegashi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there, i have 2 switches, a 2960 and a 3750 connected with trunk links. In the 3750 switch i have the native vlan tagging on. On 2960 i was told by cisco personnel that i doesn't support native vlan tagging. Though, i have placed a sniffer on the ...

Hai experts,we have cisco 3640 router we configured as head office to branch office connectivity for data transfer its working fine in that 3640 router we have nm-8am modele iam trying to configure that if i give group range strangely all my serial l...

Hi All,Is it possible to configure 2 gateways or 2 default routes on a switch.The setup is we have an old 4000 series switch and a new 3560 switch.The new switch is connected to an MPLS cloud which is for datacenter access and does not have internet ...

zanub by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all,I'm facing issues in getting an ip address from a DHCP server in a central site. ip helper-address command is configured on the catalyst switch l3 that am connected to. this is connected to an mpls router goes through mpls cloud to the server...

zanub by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! static ip route

Dear Sir,I have the following commands in my 3560 switch:ip classlessip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.106.242.57ip route 10.106.13.0 255.255.255.240 10.106.13.249ip route 10.106.13.16 255.255.255.248 10.106.13.17#sh ip routeCodes: C - connected, S - stati...

Hi all,I just installed a 2801 router with a HWIC-D-9ESW 9-port EtherSwitch. This is my first experience with the EtherSwitches and I'm having some problems.All of the EtherSwitch ports were recognized by the router, but the switched and routed inte...

rstevek by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL Question

Which one of the statements below is true?1. A single interface can have only one access list per protocol.2. A single interface can have only one access list per protocol per direction. Ex. One interface having one inbound IP ACL and one outbound ...

douglasd by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes