Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,Can anybody help me to configure rate limitting on my 3560 interfaces? I tried to apply a policy-map to an interface and the switch accepts service-policy input but not accpeting service-policy output. Even the switch accepts input policy, it i...

Hi i am a newb.I have the following setup, all 255.255.255.0. Laptop(10.16.6.6)<>Catalyst 2970 (GE0/23 10.16.6.250)<>Cisco 1811 ((FE0 10.16.6.20)- (FE1 10.160.16.1))This is all behind a firewall off the Cat 2970. The Catalyst 2970 has been working l...

I'm running fairly standard setup on a 6513 switch running a sup720-3b and IOS 12.2(18)SXF10a. One subnet appears to be randomly sending packets out all interfaces when it knows the interface it should be sending the data out of. This isn't contin...

Hello all...have been trying to find an answer to this question but haven't goind much so I hope someone here can give me some clarification. I have a 4006 catalyst switch that was just purchased to replace some old hardware (I know, this isn't new ...

nickehunt by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am trying to configure 1811 to do load balance and failover. I added track on static rout and DHCP but as soon as i do that i lose internet connectivity, when I checi fastethernet0 connection in SDm it says no exit interface found please help. ...

sryzhykov by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two idea to design the LAN. attched two design diagrams. for the LAN design 1,- the distributed layer switch is two 37xx. the core may be two Cat 46xx.- the access layer switch is 12 port unmanage switch. - total 500 per floor- 10 Vlan for ...

We are having a problem with a couple of pieces of equipment on our network not responding to ping and/or dropping it's connection to the server. All this started just after we installed our PIX 501, so i suspect it may be dropping packets from the ...

I'd like to mark some traffic so any other traffic has priority, except that my marked-down traffic has a guaranteed minimum rate. When there's no other traffic, my marked traffic can use the full TLS Ethernet bandwidth.Possible? If so, can someone ...

Hello,Iam a beginer in intervlan routing, and i need your help ^^.There is my network : http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlansrs9.jpgI need 4 vlans on both switches, and different numbers of host for eaches.I have configured Vtp on the both s...

Hi Folks,We recently ordered WS-X6816-GBIC modules for our new 6513s, however we have been advised that they have reached EOL and that we can maintain our existing topology by purchasing 6516s instead. Apparantly we can still purchase the same DFCs ...

stevek1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Serial Interfaces

Hi There;Can anyone tell me - if I have two serial interfaces on a 2811, do I need to specify that one will be used for RS422 and the other for RS232. If so, what command do I use to do this?thanks

austindaz by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes