Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi there;I have a 2811 router interfacing to a 3750. I have multiple serial and fa interfaces on the router. Is it possible, without anything connected to the routing interfaces that I might be able to ping the ip addresses associated with these in...

austindaz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have an RPS 2300 connected to the front of a 3825 router. When the main power (internal power supply) of the 3825, it stays on after switching to the RPS 2300 power, but if the internal power supply of the 3825 gets its power back, it does no...

Resolved! upload IOS

I attempting to upload IOS to a FLASH drive on Cisco router 2821 via console. But I'm getting a failure message:"ARP: address resolution for 216.214.47.112 timed out.ARP failed with failure code 1. TFTP transfer aborted."Here is the input:IP_ADDRESS...

Our company is setting up a temporary IPX network for Novell. The clients will either be DOS IPX clients or Windows clients with gateway services. These clients will reside on Cisco-3550-switch-a. A Novell server will reside on Cisco- 3550-switch-b. ...

msrohman by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a problem customizing logo in the 7911 phone and CCM 6. I read documentation "Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G and 7911G Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CallManager 6.0 (SCCP and SIP)", I have configured the List.xml file as it expl...

sruizpla by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently have two seprate switches connected via separate Fas interfaces to the same router. I am planning to replace the current router with a new 3800 router and use the same Gig interface to connecet both separate switches (segments) by creatin...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I tried connecting 2 Cat 2950 switches with a straight cable, ports LED don't light up. Do I need crossover cable for the connection? I am trying to connect one PC to each switch and in vlan 1. Do I need to put the switch into a cluster?

kamwooFer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys, I'm about to start a replacement of access switches project from the current 2900's to 3750 stacks. We're deploying almost all of the L2 security features and although I'm well adept to all of them technically, this is the first time I'm going ...

ciscors by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working on configuring switches with VLANs and trunking these switches using dot1q encapsulation. I configured two ports from two switches as trunk ports properly, but when executing a sho cdp neigh or trying to ping one another, there is no lin...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have a dhcp server on valn 3 and somebody has put somekind of vmware software on pc with dhcp on that... am not able to find that dhcp server now.. I have the macaddress of that server... i am not able to ping that server too..please let me know ho...