Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I'm running 2 6509 Chassis - in each chassis there is a FWSM module in routed mode, ACE in bridged mode, trunks between the 2 chassis for FT, State and also Data.When I fail a single context from Chassis 1 to Chassis 2, there is a 6 second dela...

We have a Cisco blade switch 3020, after we set up the Citix servers witch connect to the switch, there are massagees like "%SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 001c.c4e0.d37e in vlan 202 is flapping between port Gi0/8 and port Gi0/17" constantly showing u...

jw1112 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to connect 2950 to a 4006. I've made both connecting ports "switchport mode trunk".However when I do a sh ip int, "vlan1 administratively down, line protocol is down."I tried pinging the switch but no reply.Can you tell me where I went wrong?

paulc by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I must configured switchs 2960 for a lab (Platform NAP). It's the same as NAC.My Windows server is configured with fixed address: 192.168.0.1. On the switch I have several VLANs. VLAN2: non-compliant users: 192.168.2.x VLAN3 users conform: 192....

amirovic13 by Level 1
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a 2801 sitting here.When I 'sh int', both FastEth interfaces show "interface is up, line protocol is down".The thing is, nothing is plugged into either one... Shouldn't they both be down/down due to physical issue?

tylerlucas by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning to all, Let me start off by saying that I am fairly new to IOS and Cisco so please don't assume anything. Now that is out of the way, I need to start logging on our Home Office router that handles MPLS connections to all of our plant...

We have a few 6500's running non installed images. I'd like to know the pros and cons of running in this configuration. I haven't been able to find documentation on this.Configuration register is 0x2102Patching is not available since the system is ...

Hello all,Lets say I wanted to deny ICMP traffic to a specific portion of a subnet, so users cannot ping my switches / servers, is there a way to go about this using an access list on my switches?Thanks !

jkloza by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,When i span some interfaces on the Cat 6509, i am only getting the first interface as bi-directional; the rest of the interfaces are shown receive only.Can I span all the ports as bi-directional? Below is what i copied from the switch:____________...

kope by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One of our customers currently experiences a strange performance issue. Basically, the problem is that the transfer of large files is slow when retrieving a large file from a server (Win2k3)that is connected on a gigabit interface to a workstation (W...

lgijssel by Level 9
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi there, can someone please explain how to telnet into a FR Switch in Dynamips? telnet into routers is working ok but when you type telnet FRSW nothing happens. how do you configure the FRSW if you cant get into it?Regards

SOL10 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

At my layer 3 switch I do a "show arp | in 192.168.0.X" and it comes back with a mac-address matching up with this ip, but when I try run a "show mac-address address" to find where this device is known on the network it doesn't register in the table....

dvanzee by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to shape traffic on a Catalyst 3550 (IOS 12.1(20)EA1) port so that during the day, the bandwidth will be 10Mbps, and at 7pm, the bandwidth changes to 100Mbps. Essentially 7am-7pm (10Mbps) and 7pm- 7am (100Mbps). Client is performing backups at...