Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to use the isis routing protocol. To initialize this one must do:router isisBut when I enter this command from global config it does not put me into a router prompt, it doesn't do anything and it gives me the global config prompt again. Also i...

Hi every one, i am preparing for my CCIE lab, the switches are very expensive here, even the used 3550 costs more then 80k pkr, i found 3560 8 port quite economical but i was told that we couldnt change the IOS and its not feasible for CCIE preparati...

I have Netscreen Firewall connected to a Cisco 1700 router in OSPF area 2. I also have eigrp on the same 1700 to share routes with it's eigrp neigbour Cisco 6500. I can see my eigrp neighbour Cisco 6500, i can also see OSPF routes learned by the Cisc...

I'm studying for the CCNP BCMSN exam and have a question regarding the use of Etherchannel.I understand what PAgP and LACP do but why would you use them to setup an etherchannel link?I mean you still have to configure each side to use PAgP or LACP so...

miketta89 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am getting continuos error on my core switches where i am running hsrp.... the MAC reporting as Duplicate is the Virtual MAC of HSRP. I have read the Documentation where cisco is talking about STP & Mulfunctioning of the switch. I have tested for t...

HiDear Netpro!in multicast when we configure ip sparse-mode,then no need configure the Command:no ip pim dm-fallback & ip pim send-rp-announce int scope 16,is this Correct?did we just need this command instead:ip pim rp-addrerss z.z.z.z?many 10xs

alsayed by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, can anyone help me decipher the output of the show policy-map command?For example:#sho policy-map interface gigabitEthernet 3/2...class-map: abc-in (match-all) Match: access-group name permit-any set dscp 38: Earl in slot 3 : ...

e.maloney by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3750 on Stack

Hello,I'd like to know if Cisco supports multiple images on a 3750 on stackif it's supported we'd like to loadip services on the core switches (2 switches)and ip based on the remaining switches 4if that is supported could you please provide a link th...

I have previously read that the 'show policy-map interface x/x' when used on Catalyst 3550 & 3750 switches does not actually show any counters - it shows the policy that is attached but all counters are zero. If you want to see counters for QoS serv...

Hi alldoes a router use an arp table like a pc does, does it initially send out an arp request then once it recieves the answer, does it then cache it in the arp cache? and is this for directly connected devices only ?