Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I setup a new Cisco Switch and when I setup a port on the switch to be in the correct VLAN it dosen't work. My VLANs show up on the switch, but this port will not take it. Here is the port config:interface FastEthernet0/19 description Admin_Second_Fl...

mgibson by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a stack and during adding the third switch with priority 1, we encountered a problem. This was the error message that werecieved. "Fatacl IPC error occurred for peer in slot 2. Messages not sent due timeout, disabling linecard"anyone seen thi...

kanwar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am having a strange problem with our HSRP configuration. I have 2 7206VXR and a 3750 stack (3 switch). The problem being experienced is whenever switch 1 is unplugged all connectivity is lost. If switch 2 or 3 are unplugged there is no loss ...

jdechiaro by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 3 site environment with several T1s between sites. We are replacing those T1s with a metro ethernet type switched WAN link. Our routers will be replaced with Layer 3 switches at each remote site. My question is if it makes sense to create a...

dwfrank by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am very new to QoS (having never implemented it before) and am not even sure if what I want to do is possible, but here goes. We currently have several vlans in our organization, including vlans for public computers, staff computers, printers, etc...

Hello,I have attached the config for our PIX firewall. Any tips would be appriciated.The problem I am having is with remote clinets and the vpngroup setup on the PIX. When a client vpn's to the PIX using the vpngroup login and password, they are assi...

While doing a CCNA lab I accidentally deleted my IOS on the flash ; However luckly I got a backup on my TFTP . I tried several command such as COPY TFTP FLASH but no avail it is kind of difficult when you have an output such as this :rommon 1 >rommon...

I have a 1751 router with a WIC-4ESW 4-port switch module in slot 0 and a WIC-1ADSL interface module in Slot 1; when I boot the router, it gives this error:"Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 20Unknown Card in slot 0%C1700-3-TDMMODIFUNKNOWN: TDM M...

drumrb0y by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI know that there is a problem with hardware-switched packets and the command ip debug packet on Catalyst switches.How is the configuration on the switch to see all ip packet.Pascal

keynet by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm under the assumption that if you're using hsrp that 'standby preempt' would be mandatory if you actually want the gates to failover. Is this true? If not, under what circumstances would you not want to have preempt configured?Thanks./rls

HI Guys,I'm just trying to get my Cisco Doc DVD April 2007 running in fedora 8. Does anyone had any suggestion ??cause i got this link :http://linux.open.ac.uk/issue59/lg_tips59.htmlstarting httpd for cisco documentation, but the document is too old....

Hi gurusI would like to setup a test site-to-site lab, I have two 871 routers and two computers for this purpose but what do I need in between to setup this test lab to work as they where in different place(state) and all. as you can tell I am new to...