Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hello1i have 4 layer 3 interface;int vlan 100(ip:1.1.100.1)int vlan 101(ip:1.1.101.1)int vlan 102.(ip:1.1.102.1)i have to enable ipx network on these vlans.do i need to assigne different network numberes to these vlan or the same for these 3 vlans ?...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've encountered a routing problem to a single IP address within a global IP range. Two traceroutes to a pair of addresses in the same subnet range are attached; the first traceroute, to 150.176.6.139, works, while the second traceroute, to 150.176.6...

drumrb0y by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

You'll have to excuse me, for I'm quite new at this. Our company just purchased an 1811 integrated services router that has two wan ports. I would like to configure the router to support one local LAN subnet with NAT and failover on the two WAN por...

I am trying to register the router name with an internal DNS server, so that I can ping the router by hostname on the LAN. I haven't found any documantation on this topic. Please help.

My server administrator has asked me to look into buying a module for the 6500 that load balances server clusters. I have never heard of any hardware and always done so through configuration. If anyone knows of a hardware based load balancer for the ...

h.wall by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Lads,Follows the instruction to implement L3 routing below:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019e74e.shtmlHowever, the part where I have to alter one switch port to a routed port is causing problem...

I have Catalyst 4506 at the core and have a VLAN for all my servers ( about 100 servers ). I want to create a span (monitor) session to send all the traffic from my server vlan to a gigabit port on the 4506. My questions is: a) Will this have any ne...

Some time ago, The decision was taken by my corporation to shift to Single Domain AD Windows 2003 R2) model rather than the current multiple, parent child domains spanned across various eographical locations connected via VSAT/leased lines.What will ...

fahim by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to connect my 3560 with SFP Interconnect Cable. If i use this cable, are my switches grouped as 1 logical unit? What is the difference between this and StickWise Technology? What is the difference between this cable and normal SFPs?Thank...

I need to know what IP address have a pc knowing it MAC address.I know in what switch it is in my net but I type sh arp but it doesn't appear this MAC and its associated IP address.Can anybody say me how I can see it?.It is a Cisco Catalyst 3750 with...

The 1st tracert originated from my PC which connects to a 4507 (172.17.3.1). Hop 1, trace packet hits 4507 then onto hop 2 (172.17.65.17) 6509 layer 3 ports that is connected directly to 4507 layer 3 ports. Hop 3 is the firewall.2nd trace originated...

If I have configured a rip statement in a router what is the importamce and result of redistribute connected? Does this mean that if this is not included then rip will not run over the interface when its connected?

rharmon2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes