Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a couple of 3560/3750 switches and I am using IGMP snooping in a VLAN without an mrouter.I am using IGMP Snoooping Querier in that particular vlan.I need to get sure that MC traffic is forwarded at all times to some MC receivers.Can I log i...

I am trying to re-design a LAN with 2950G-48's with a maximum of 300 nodes. Most of the workstations are Windows XP and they only run one app. The problem is the app is run from the server and is creating bottlenecks to my users. I have 6 of the 4...

bmcmahan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all! I have a problem on 3560G. I have 200 SVI in my switch, i have aplly access-list to SVI interface vlan 304. My SVI has 7 subnetworks. I want block traffic from two subnetworks. I create access-list: deny ip x.x.x.x 0.0.0.7 any deny ip y.y.y.y...

Hi folks, I will install (2) Cat 6509 in a distribution room. Which type of UPS is recommended for this? I will have diesel generator available for the facility. I would like to confirm whether people install UPS for these even if you have diesel gen...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VRF

Hi, We 'got a network with a collapsed core ( SVI with ACL ) with 30 vlans crossed all over .We want to migrate with hierarchical model .I 'm asking about solutions THe need is to activate HSRP and for routing OSPF.I heard about VRF litebut how coul...

fd_case17 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just did a lab where the scenario was vlan information was not being propagated over a trunk link (only 2 switches in this lab). After checking the obvious (eg trunk is operational, matching vtp domain names, etc.), it turned out that you had to i...

hi.622823 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, can anyone tell me the difference between these? is it possible to view both on a switch? i.e how would i show what mac addresses are mapped to my uplink ports? what is the function of the arp table on switches/routers ? and lastrly do we onl...

Resolved! DHCP debug

I am having an issue with DHCP. I am using a cisco 1710 (one fastethernet and one ethernet) on my network. I live in an apartment where my ISP provides me a direct ethernet line to them. Everyone in the appartment gets an ethernet line. The ISP runs ...

pcexhaust by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi! I am setting up a new network for a client. One Win DC, one Win File Srv & 8 PCs. ISP is ADSL. They will also use RDP. I am concerned about the router as the single point of failure. Can I setup two Cisco Small Business 107 Secure ADSL Routers. P...

net100tec by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys,I wonder if you can help me. Unfortunately the people above me decided to order the HP blade server with the HP Ethernet switches inside, rather than the Cisco ones (3020) and now I'm left to try and get them going!My idea is to basically g...

Hello,maybe someone of you can help me. I'm looking for a way to bridge traffic between two sides. The 'remote' side has to use pppoe to connect to the 'central' side. And at the central side I want to bind/bridge the remote side into a vlan. To figu...

d-mark by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes