Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi We are in the process of implementing a new network at one of our locations. We have purchased 2 6509s w SUP 720 to act as Core/Dist and for access layer, we have purchased 6 6509 w SUP 32. All the uplinks will be 10 Gig from Access. We are thinki...

amodi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone seen a autonegotiation problem between a Dell 600 laptop and a Cat 4506 with 4548 cards . Port will not come up as auto/auto for speed and duplex but if you hardcode speed/duplex to 100/full it will come up . Suspecting a incompatability b...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ive read the Cisco white paper on routed access layers and the benfits of having a routed access layer are many:mitigates L@ loopseasier configsload balance across equal-cost pathsroute summarization and stub routingSo, what is the argument for havin...

lamav by Level 8
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently we have CSS deployed with two arms to the same L3 distribution switch. One arm, lets call it the external arm, is bridging a single vlan, with multiple networks configured under the Circuit VLAN. One of those networks is used for static rou...

trobbins5 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a C3750G-24TS Ver 12.2(25)SEE1I am trying to connect with putty and am getting error "Connection refused". I have set a username and password.used Line vty 0 15login localTelnet in no problem but want to disable and just use SSH. Thanks

servnj by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I wonder, why rate limit command is not functioning under routing enable gig interfaces in CAT3750 , I don't thing it's a SDM issue, Do you have idea why it's not functioning, Note.: I mean by not functioing that the command is accepted under the int...

mkamar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i have two 3750s on a stack that are on production and the customer has buyed 2 more switches. I have to add this 2 new switches to the stack. Can i put them without turning off the other two that are on stack? and if i can, this cause a problem ...

Hello all,I was sniffing my PC at work just for practice and I noticed that I was using port 1605 Salutation Manager (Salutation Protocol) after clicking on my outlook icon. I also saw it on my PC using netstat connecting to my e-mail server that I u...

atags8080 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I have a 6509E that we will be inserting a FWSMv3.1 into in the near future. It is currently running 12.2(18)SXD7b.bin. From what I understand the minimum requirement for FWSM is 12.2(18)SXF2. A few weeks ago we attempted 12.2(18)SXF10(now ...

Can someone tell me which way "packets input" and which way "packets output" is if you have a server connected to the port?

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes