Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello all,I was sniffing my PC at work just for practice and I noticed that I was using port 1605 Salutation Manager (Salutation Protocol) after clicking on my outlook icon. I also saw it on my PC using netstat connecting to my e-mail server that I u...

atags8080 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I have a 6509E that we will be inserting a FWSMv3.1 into in the near future. It is currently running 12.2(18)SXD7b.bin. From what I understand the minimum requirement for FWSM is 12.2(18)SXF2. A few weeks ago we attempted 12.2(18)SXF10(now ...

Can someone tell me which way "packets input" and which way "packets output" is if you have a server connected to the port?

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Does anybody see any potential problems with having your HSRP default gateway and STP root bridge on different core switches?I know that L2 and L3 traffic would traverse the LAN in different directions, but would that matter?Cheers,Dan

We have a 6504 with a routing and switching module installed. We have 60 or so vlans running on the switching side and mutliple routing interfaces on the router side. We also have a large pat table of about 1500 entries on the routing side. When w...

joeharb by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I asked yesterday about the to reserve some bandwidth to a specific ip on my router.the case is that we have a 2600 router with two fastethernet interfaces. connected to the ISP with 18M bandwidth and the other to the local network. We have 32 pub...

I have a router with 2 lan interfaces and 2 loopback addresses. All interfaces show up/up. The router is passing traffic. I can ping all interfaces from a device on either segment. I can ping hosts on both segments from both segments. What I cannot d...

Hi,I'm running a throughput test between a 6500 and a 3750E with a SX MM connection, 50 meters.Using an app that pumps out 5k udp discard packets in one direction my out put interface looks like this: 30 second output rate 997298000 bits/sec, 92385 ...

Hi,I have a 6500 switch with Sup2 and MSFC2 card on it. The switch is running in the Native IOS mode. I am supposed to upgrade the IOS such that the new IOS has to support the VRRP.The switch is presently having the IOS version 12.1(26) and similar v...

Hi,I have configured /31 ip on a vlan interface of cisco 3560. I can see arp of the device but can't ping and can't access to the device on the other side. the device can ping everything and does have access everything.here is conf:interface Vlan112 ...

Hi allMy router connect to firewall via switch Layer 2, sometime my application have lost connection to server when i checked connection between my router and firewall i found it could not ping (timeout). I checked interface the status still up/up. I...

Hi All,I have two core switches running numerous VLANs, and several access switches connected resiliently into both switches. These access layer switches run the same VLANs and I want to load balance them across both core switches. In other words, I ...

We have been provided with a bit complex proposal by our 'independent' system integrators. I call it complex because I see that they have incorporated a distribution layer, a core layer and another server farm switches into the design of our Local LA...

fahim by Level 1
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes