Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear all;when I monitor the 3550 fastethernet port with solarwins, it shows that the bandwidth is 8mbps.why? no rate-limit is configured.thank you.

emadehsan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,On 2950 with version c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-22.EA10a.tar, I have got follow messages :Oct 12 13:47:03.971: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/29, changed state to downOct 12 13:47:05.971: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line proto...

DWAM_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

when I do show vtp status, i get the following:VTP Version : 2Configuration Revision : 63Maximum VLANs supported locally : 254Number of existing VLANs : 11VTP Operating Mode : ClientVTP Domain Name ...

packets are not going thru the router unless debug is turn on. This is on a 1721 cisco router. Cisco states when a debug is turn on, it take priority over other network traffics. What resource does the router lost while debug being turn on?Thanks in ...

nlovanh11 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Sir,If we want to replace the existing 6506(HSRP/OSPF) and 3660(OSPF and BGP) together. Can we get a 6506E to replace both of them in one go?Thanks.

Resolved! ICMP Types

Hi all,I would like to know what is decimal equvalent for ICMP type ttl-exceeded?Some of them I could use as:0 - for echo-reply8 - for echo11 - for time-exceededI know that I can use syntax as:permit icmp any any ttl-exceededbut I would like to know ...

vnovakov by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I have questions on: 1)When a broadcast happens, will ARP packet be sent to learn the MAC addres or the frame is sent? 2)Can you give an example for a broadcast structure? 3)Where ARP table is maintained? 4)How ARP updates MAC-table? If u kno...

All,The issue is i have widespread network connectivity problems that seem to be pointing to a switching situation. Our SQL connectivity to 2 highly visible and mission critical applications are seeing hiccups which are basically screwing up data. I ...

after a format of flash filesystem. and getting ready to tftp, the switch lost power(long story) after the switch rebooted im at the switch: prompt, and cannot xmodem the ios, I keep getting xmodem denied error.

Hi all, A question with regards to the 1812, I was hoping to be able to set specific mac-addresses to be able to access ports as we had done with previous switches eg:switchport mode access switchport port-security switchport port-security mac-...

svryder by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks,I was tring to upgrade the IOS of one of my 3640 routers and in the process I was notified of lack of enough memory.I had to accept to erase the flash before the upgrade but before that could finish, I had one of my colleagues stepping on the ...

xhackuss1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We currently use 3560 POE switches and put a layer two image on them and use them as switches for our IP Phone network. I have seen a Cisco 500 that also has POE and seems to do pretty much what we would want. Is there any reason I should stay ...

Hi friends,Just wanted to clarify if this SPAN configuration is possible for sending traffic to IDS. Server Farm 6500 switch1-------------------------monitor session 1 source vlan 1 - 3000monitor session 1 destination interface Gi8/6 (port which is c...