Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Anyone set this up . I have downlaoded the .tar file and reloaded the switch, set ip http server enable and set the login to the enable password . Anything else that needs to be done? Unable at this point to connect via the browser . Also what...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,Can you create a port chennel between a Cat6506 running CatOS and a C3560G running IOS ?.This is a continuation of yesterday's problem trying to trunk and channel between the 2 Cat6506's

sdawson35 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can I pass traffic for two different VLAN's through a layer 2 switch to a layer 3 switch? I have a management server on VLAN 1 which needs to access servers on two other seperate vlans. They all end up at the layer 3 switch but I cannot connect. See...

We run an all cisco network wth a 6500 core switch and 3500 access layer switches. In one instance a customer had a VOIP gateway device plugged in improperly and as a result all clients on that specific VLAN looses their regularly assigned IP address...

rossdmcco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to get a Cisco 1751-v router to assign DHCP addresses to 7940 phones. I can't for the life of me get this to work.The phones are plugged into a PoIE 3500 Cisco Switch. The router is plugged into port 24 of the switch.Switch IP: 172.16.3....

snooter by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to EtherChannel a server running HP ver7 NIC Teaming. The question I have is can I etherchannel two ports on different modules? or do they need to be on the same module?Thanks,Burleyman

burleyman by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I installed a WS-X6748-SFP in my 6509 with two sup 720 base and it changed the switchmode from flow-through to truncated which I believe is due to the fact that i had one non fabrice enabled blade WS-X6348-RJ-45 in it.%SYS-3-FAB_CHNGMODE:System swit...

nawas by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, and thanks in advance.I have to decide about the upgrade of our hardware. And in detail, it is the hardware that interconnect us with our providers.Now we have two 7206VXR with NPE-300, working together with HSRP (between it) and with two ISP...

jcuena by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to troubleshooting a routing issue and decided to setup an access-list that specifies two host IP addresses to see what is going on. I do something like this:access-list 199 permit ip host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2access-list 199 deny ip any ...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can the Same VLAN be defined and functional on 2 different Switch with out causing a ISSUE. ie. I have a vlan 100 up and running I want to create the same vlan on a differnet switch its already in the core and up and running. will doing this cause a...

Hello,I need to turn of L3 routing on my 6509 with SUP32 running native IOS 12.2SX Enterprise Services.I am used to using the command "no ip routing" to accomplish this; however, that command does not appear in global config mode. I checked the Cisc...

amaiale by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes