Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi !I am experiencing a strange DHCP address acquiring delay when my Windows machine without dotx1 enabled is trying to connect to a Cisco switch with dot1x enabled port. I have defined a Guest VLAN for that case, so the client should be moved to the...

irvin3067 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We connect to our ISP via BGP and get full routing from them. They scheduled a reboot of their neighbor one morning and when I got in I saw that all the neighbors went down the same time as the ISP that scheduled. We have 5 other ISP's connected and ...

Dear Experts,I want to perform the syslog analysis of my routers switches and cisco firewalls.I have forwarded the log messages to syslog server.i am interested in knowing which messages comes under warning and information level.If any document is av...

We have 2 6509's w/ IOS one is setup as server and the other is client we have a link between the 2 with 10G. However, the vlans are not propagating to the client. The VTP domain name is correct and no password is used. Any ideas?ServerVTP Version ...

jcmattos1 by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Catalyst 2970 which we use for installing/ghosting pc's. Now if a pc reboots during the installation process all ports are going: changed state to down. Few secs later state to up again.Anybody some idea? It has no impact which pc is rebooting, it...

OK, now Im really confused. What the heck is this command used for? LOLI read gthe explanation on Cisco's website, but I honestly didnt get it.

lamav by Level 8
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I'm trying to set up monitoring of my DMZ switch. All servers in this dmz are in a 172.18.x.x subnet, and all ports on the switch are in a VLAN51. This VLAN only exists on this switch and there is no trunking involved. The switch is a 3550-12...

Hi all, We have got a massive problem on our lan, there was a loop in the network a few days back, which we fixed. However since then, the whole network has been going slow, I mean we are talking 20 to 60 ms delay times when pinging my access switche...

Hi,I have a 2610XM running 12.2(8)T5 and a 2811 running 12.4(11)T3, with 2811 configured as HSRP active and 2610XM configured as HSRP standby.2811 is able to recognize 2610XM as HSRP standby, but 2610XM is unable to recognize 2811 as HSRP active.Is t...

s-durando by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes