Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I just got a used 3500xl switch at a going out of business sale "as is" and would like to use it in my small office (10 connections). The problem is that I don't know the static IP and the switch appears to be password protected.I have a basic un...

jlpalmero by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Often see the stat "xyz switch switches 38 mpps". Can we determine the amount of pps a switch is actually pumping through? In my office, where not everyone is Cisco-friendly they often throw up this stat.

yvanog by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all if I have been assigned 5 public ip addresses to my dsl router but want the ethernet interface to be on one of them, would I put the ethernet interface on one of the public ip addresses and then use ip unnumbered for the dialler interface, is ...

We need to take eight ports out of a 3750 switchstack (four ports on two of the members, remaining ports on these members assigned to network devices; three other stack members have ports assigned to servers, printers, desktops, etc) and assign them ...

tonycody by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have done this on one 6509 and so we have the filesystem on a CF card. This took 2 reboots. 1 to get the image running to extract and "install" and a 2nd time so that the system boots to the extracted filesystem so that it supports patching. Is ...

I want to give internet access to each one of the 10 VLANs of a building.Can i have a VLAN trunk between the router and the switch, applying a policy map to each vlan (for bandwidth control)?if not, how can this be done?

joao by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There is a windows DOS command which measures network response times using TCP traffic. I cannot remember the command. It features in the old CIT CCNP exam. I think it is something like TTCN and has a number variable.Any suggestions please? It is...

Hello all,I got a Switch: 3750-24PS, it is making noise. It sounds like fan issues.captured "show env all" and "show log", no errors found. checked Cisco 3750 data sheet:Cisco Catalyst 3750-24PS: 38-42 dB45dB.Anybody know the acceptable dB range? An...

master001 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I am trying to find out information on steps to take for upgrading the memory on Cisco 831 routers.I have removed chips from some of my old and broken 831 that I want to use to upgrade the flash memory on my working 831 routers. When I add the...

mskhalsa by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Attached is our existing network consisting of 5500. The plan is to replace them with 4506 chassis.Referring to the diagramBlock 2 switch is acting as the VTP server and is connected to the edge routersAll other 5500's trunk to the Block 2 switch and...

ambi by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! RSPT question

When a RSTP bridge detects a topology change: ?It starts the TC While timer with a value equal to twice the hello time for all its non-edge designated ports and its root port if necessary.?It flushes the MAC addresses associated with all these ports....

cristip by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, when we use voice phone and pc in the same port, I believe the pc traffic is normally untagged, but if I say use vlan 10 for the pc, if this is untagged along my trunk ports as its the native vlan, how does the next switch know the pc traffic...