Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,It may stupid question to all, why we should clear mac-address on particular switch-port, what is the use and advantage by clear mac-address.Thanks in advance,Naidu.

Hey gang-I'm Hyperterminal-ing in to my 2811 router via the console port and the router keeps logging me off and dumping me out to user mode after a few minutes of inactivity. I'd like it to leave me in for an hour or more before doing so; I'm studyi...

dshinnick by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! routing isues

Hi,two switches are interconnected between eachother and one switch is connected to a router.the two switches each has diffrent subnetmask say A & B under one common subnet.if i want to route only the hosts in A to other networks...then wat sud b con...

We have a couple of 6503 switches configured for SNMP. Two of them are being discovered by NetHealth while the other two aren't. The SNMP strings are the same and the remote IP is allowed in through ACL. There are matches on this ACL for this part...

parklabel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 1 networks managed by me (10.13.24/24). The servers in this network are backedup via a different network (193.28.206.0) that is not managed by me.Currently we have a persistent static route setup in our servers. We are having problems with ...

janasj626 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone experience the error, java.lang.NullPointer when trying to load Cisco View Device Manager on a 6509-E? Running: 122-18.SXF8Tried both CVDM version: cvdm-c6500-1.1.tar & cvdm-c6500-1.1_K9.tarHave Java installed: 1.4.2_06

I'd like to configure etherchannel guard between my distributions 6500 and my access 3750G switch. I also have some old 4912G connected to those distribution.What will happen to the channels between the 6500 and the 4912G? Also, when migrating...if ...

We have a firewall downstream from our Layer3 switch. If I were to define a port on the switch as a layer 2 port (switchport) and connect one of the fw int to that port, would the IP address of the int on the fw and the IP address of the vlan that th...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a simple LAN with a few client PCs running standard windows VPN client software that need to connect to an external VPN server through a 2811 router which is on my LAN. In order for VPN pass through to work through this 2811 router, does it n...

Hi!I configured 1 VRF in a 7600. I need to send some packets from the global table to that VRF. I configured 2 ports, one in the global table and the other in the VRF and join the 2 ports with a crossover cable. To send the traffic to the VRF i used ...

ccomelli by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes