Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear All, Is it possible to configure InterVlan on 877 series? I tried configuring subinterfaces on Fa 1-3 and failed. Can someone please suggest. IOS Version: C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(4)T2.

I recently purchased a replacement WS-X6348-RJ-45 card for my 6509platform. When I slide the card into the chassis the card powers up,then after a minute or two it powers itself down. It does the samething if the "power enable" command is issued. ...

Would it be a wise decision to invest in 4948 switch. Does any one here has any good experience of using it? If not, then I am looking for 4503 as well as its alternative [48 ports]. Any comments are welcome.

on our network there is a soho router which provided by our ISP and we have Cisco2800 series which is supposed to route us through Soho out to the internet int fastethernet0/0 our local ip addressint fastethernet0/1 is public ip addressproper nat is ...

haifazakr by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My 3 servers are in vlan1. I am also having 4 other vlans in which clients of those 3 servers are there. like in vlan2 i have clients of all the three server. my question is trunking is required in this situation for the clients to communicate with s...

Hi all,Recently implemented a new 2801 802.1q trunk to a 2950 switch, every 3 seconds we get a burst of around 1,000 input errors on the 2801 router, but nothing shown on the interface on the switch.We've replaced: 2801 router Cables between the two ...

andybonyx by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hai everybodyI have a 2950 switch which is connected to video streamers,working for a year.suddenly i can not ping the system that is connected to the switch..wat cud b the reason?is this a fault in the switch r some mismatch configuration?Iam awaiti...

Hi,We'd like to config qos on a 3550.is it possible to specify bandwidth per application when there's congestion? (25% for ftp,20% for http, ... )

HiI have a 4510 and will like to use it as a DHCP server. However I have a few situations.I have multiple VLANs and each must be on a separate Subnet.Thank you

ayussuf by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having an issue with a flapping backbone link as detailed in the log below:Aug 3 14:38:30: %C4K_L2MAN-6-INVALIDSOURCEADDRESSPACKET: (Suppressed 749 times)Packet received with invalid source MAC address (45:42:55:47:3D:57) on port Gi4/2 in vlan ...

blakewebb by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have an IDS appliance that we want to send server farm traffic to. We tried to set three capture ports, add them to a port channel, with the idea that we would aggregate the traffic onto a 3 Gig link. However, the result was three individual str...

tlandeis by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've a Catalyst 6509-E with a Sup32 duplicated suppervisor, and now I've acquired two modules:WS-X6724-SFP and WS-X6748-GE-TXWhen I try to bring them on, it always say the status is PowerDown.is it right that those blades are only supported by Sup...

jorge.s by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am getting input que drops on cisco 3845 router gig interface. I have verified the physical layer connectivity. It is fine. CEF is enabled on the other end of the switch. What needs to be done to minimize the errors