Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi, i have a little confusion regarding peer groups so plz help me out. Suppose i have a router RA running bgp and it has 5 ebgp neighbours that are all grouped in a peer group, now i want to run the next-hop-self command on only one neighbour but wh...

Is it possible on a switch to PREVENT certain MAC addresses from connecting to a port ? I am aware that with commands such as :-switchport port-security switchport mode access switchport port-security mac-address xxxx.yyyy.zzzzswitchport port-securi...

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A little background; my LAN has a Cisco 1700 switch with QoS and several 10/100 hubs connecting small clusters of desktop computers. Our T-1 with VOIP and 11 Cisco 7960g phones generates terrible quality phone calls on a regular basis but we do not ...

Hi,We have an office network (10.10.x.x) and a manufacturing network (192.168.x.x) and would like to limit access to the manufacturing network to only selected IP addresses that are on the office network.We have around $1200 to spend and would like t...

phantom44 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to have two redundant routers that should provide static NAT services. I run 12.2 (no flash memory to store 12.3) that can't bind static nat addresses to active hsrp (as recommended at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/i...

Hi All,Can someone explain this one to me.Two routers in the same area configured for authentication the following way:On both devices:router ospf 100 area 50 authentication!Interface g0/1 ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 key xxThis works because the...

Hi all,I am configuring a cisco switch 500 series and all access ports will be set as cisco-desktop smart port.This switch will be connected to a 3com switch via uplink, vlan1. Which smart port should I use? Can I also use cisco-desktop?

muca by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

With the command :-channel-group 1 mode { on | auto | desirable }which combinations of the parameters on, auto, and desirable (on the respective two ports on the ends of the link) would result in the link becoming part of the etherchannel 1 ?I am awa...

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

OK, I forgot to add a stupid vlan to some trunk ports that were bundled in an ether channel. So, what did I do? I added it to the allowed vlans for each port -- ONE AT A TIME!. Wrong!!As I would add the vlan, the port would fall out of the etherchann...

lamav by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have cat 4000 with IOS 12.2(25)EWA7 software, I'm facing a strange issue when I reload the switch ,the ports lose the VLAN configuration and goes back to the default Vlan.other configuration remains OK.the configuration register is 0xA101 , is ...

In our network design we want to create an ethernetchannel between two 3750E stacks, using two ports from switch 1 and two ports for switch 2 in Stack A and two ports from switch 1 and two ports for switch 2 in Stack B. This way we create a "fully me...

rcboersma by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes