Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, when setting up my 1200 series ap, do I put the ip address both on the fast ethernet interface and the BVI interface, or do I put no ip on the fast ethernet and just put one on the BVI and use the bridge-group command ?please help

I have an application that consumes most of the available WAN bandwidth during off-peak hours. Occasionally it runs on into peak hours and severely degrades WAN performance. The WAN router is SP managed, so I can not perform rate-limiting there.Traf...

jedavis by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello experts,The routing table of E3 shows the two routes to the 10.90.153.0/24 network,via 172.23.31.53 and 172.23.31.24.When I disconnect the link between THCC_1 and Test_1, the routing table onE3 updates to show just the one route via172.23.30.24...

ricschaaf by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi guys, i have a very simple scenario but its not working, see i have a router wid fa0/0 connected to a switch, my pc is also connected to that switch. these are my configs for routerint fas0/0 ipv6 enable no shurthen in global config i typed ipv6...

by default debug statement seem to only go over the console port -- do you know if its possible and if so how, to get that debug data over a telnet (vty) console as well?

Hi, I'm having trouble understanding the documenation on prefix lists - examples like this don't make sense to me since you'll never see a network addr like 172.20.10.171/16... why wouldn't this be 172.20.0.0/16 since 172.20.0.0 is the only network a...

lgontarsk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.4 AP are installed in port POE of switch CE500. Using homing in APs, when notebook leaves a covering area of the AP1 and enters in the area of covering of the AP2 , the switch don't update arp table and the mac of notebooks appears in the 2 ports ...

I've solved my issue from yesterday of not being able to log into the router, I now need to copy the IOS from the router to my tftp(Laptop).Where can I find the defualt file name for the 1720 IOS? (For example on my 2600 it's c2600-bin-mz.122-13.t1....

TylerCC22 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having some problems with a switch that i have. It happened after a power outage but the switch is plugged into a UPS. i have pasted the info below. Restricted Rights Use, duplication, or disclosure ...

Hi,Imagine I have (2) application layer firewalls, one 'active' and the other one 'standby'. Please find attached diagram.If I buy two 3750 switches and make the top one as a master, is that how the configuration should look like for high availabili...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes