Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I am new to layer 3 switches + firewalls and my new job has both,I would like some information about the routing of packets between the following devices and scenario :(ROUTER) connected with FR to Internet + | | +(FIREWALL)4 Ethern...

Hi I have 2 cisco 2950 switches connected/linked together by 2 EtherMux Microwaves 100Mbyte Link, one on each site. These Ethermux Microwave devices only support 100 Full duplex. Before I turn on the 100 full duplex on the switches, the link is very ...

cheeang69 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi! If i want to allow only vlan 100-105 to go through a trunk between 2 switches. Do i need to remove the existing vlan from the trunk first(default all vlan are allowed) and then add in vlan 100-105? or just issue the command "switchport trunk allo...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm very new and looking to learn. I'm currently reading books and online materials. I am in the process of configuring my router a 3640. Can i configure my router to work with my ISP, I want to replace it with my linksys router. I don't have...

fmmontei1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I set up three vlans on 3560 switch(using command:switchport access vlan #) But when I connect my PC to any port assigned to those vlans including vlan1(default), my PC cannot obtain the IP address automaticlly. How can I solve this problem? Many tha...

shuangufl by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,today every thing was going good at the university where i work in network support, until the following appeared on one 4506 switch01:56:29: %C4K_EBM-4-HOSTFLAPPING: Host 02:01:0A:00:00:01 in vlan 1 is flappingbetween port Gi1/2 and port Gi6/2...

t.shunnar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys.I got a call from a customer where they said that they cant get a 6504 with a Sup720 too boot properly. Thay had it working on friday. they did a couple of test runs on some configurations and the last thing they did was a Write Erase.On Mond...

jockew by Spotlight
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all.I have a slight dilemma regarding VLANs and inter network routing.I have a network in which there are 2 routers and 2 3750 switches (with standard images on them connected over a trunk).I need to implement VLANs on the switches and I'm thinkin...

Hello,I am trying to configure our 6506 to communicate with a separate network. Currently we use STP MST and have a vtp server configured. I just added a 3550, but it needs to be on a different vtp domain. My real problem is that my current network h...