Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,I have two new 2948-48 switches that I need to setup. I am just looking for some advice on setting them up. I want to connect both switches together via cat5 and use one of the gig ports on each switch, then connect one of the gig ports on on...

vmarkese by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all.I have a 4006 with:Supervisor III 1000BaseX (GBIC)48 10/100BaseTX (RJ45)Vstatus led is orange but in the log there is nothing.attached th sh env that looks to be ok!any idea about this problem

Hi,I have a collapsed backbone design with a single C3750G as a core switch and 6 Cat Express 500 switches as access switches.Q1. Is it possible to cascasde the 6 CE 500 access switches using their uplink ports ? The first and the sixth access switc...

PAUL CHEN by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have ODR configured on hub router but I don't want the hub to send the default route to a certain neighbor. I tried "passive-interface" and "distribute-list" commands under router config mode for ODR and it doesn't work.My guess is since ODR uses ...

2pparish by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know a trick to get a core router to reload a specific MAC on edge switches which has aged out of the core CAM table because the station is idle, WITHOUT knowing the station's IP address (which it may not even have)?Often the edge switche...

b.julin by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a Cisco 1841 Modular Router that needs to accept 802.1Q Vlan tagging with subsequent VLAN interfaces and IP Addressing. We only have FA0/0 and FA0/1.I dont see any commands for 802.1q tagging.Di I need to get an add on HWIC to do this or will...

wrinear by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm studying for the BCMSN and read this line in the Cert Guide "The following platforms all perform CEF in hardware ... fixed-configuration switches, such as the Catalyst 3750, 3560, 3550, and 2950"How does a 2950 perform CEF. CEF is a MLS feature ...

After a recent IOS upgrade to Cisco 3750's, appear to be experiencing intermittent LAN connection drops on IBM t43 laptops using the BroadCOM NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC's. Upgraded IOS to 12.2(35)se1 and ever since laptops will drop off the netwo...

rcrippen1 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes