Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

i need to do these 2 tasks on 4506..Set 4506B priority in VLAN 102 group 5 HSRP to 90Change 4506B spanning tree priority on vlan 92 to 16384what are the commands that i have to use..any help is appreciated..thanks

ali.rizvi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Trunking

I have been looking at the configs for our switch infrastructure and noticed that on our trunk interfaces they are using VLAN1 as their trunking native mode. I know that they need to be the same on both sides of the trunk for the trunk to be setup b...

tohoken by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

is there an easy way to copy new software updates to a router if it does not have a network connection? i need to download some software and transfer it to this router.gm

gmvburg23 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 6500 dram upgrade

Is any kind of firmware upgrade required when upgrading the 2 dram chips that are at the front part of the sup7203B. I am taking out the 2 that are in there now and installing 2 1g chips. I know that a firmware upgrade is required when upgrading the ...

newbie by Level 1
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

all with fiber connections. Each fiber connection runs to a single 3508G-XL.We are having what I beleive is SPT convergence 4-5 times a day.Portfast is enabled on the fiber ports, and it was my understanding that PortFast should be disabled on any p...

I have two devices I need to connect and allow one-way communication between...a 2611 router and a PIX 501 Firewall.On the network behind the 2611, the IP schema is this (IP/SUB/GATE) (10.20.30.x/255.255.0.0/10.20.30.1)On the network behind the PIX, ...

stemaxsin by Level 1
  • 60 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have running HSRP for remote client on my two 6500 for redudancy on Layer 3 interface.The problem is if my primary router gets reloaded and come up, HSRP process start and comes fast as active but still routing protocol not coverge with my o...

HI.I created vlans (115,116) in my catalyst 2960 and in my linux server i created subinterfaces. The encapsulation is dot1q. The port to linux server has configured like trunk mode, but there aren't communications between vlans. Can you help me? In P...

Resolved! BGP Help reqd.

Hi all,I am attaching a network diagramI have used minimum BGP configurationI want to know what additional configuration required without using any IGP on all routers so that I can reach from every router to every routerRegardsMahesh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card