Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI have a network using 3 * 2950 switches. I am getting very high no buffer and packets ignored counters on one of the interfaces on the switch. THis interface is connected to my backup server - i only see these errors when the backup run. Any idea ...

As I try to configure this cisco, i notice that it does not support the command modem and even the first system configuration dialog will generate error after it finish the wizard. the ios version: IOS (tm) 3700 Software (C3725-I-M), Version 12.3(6b)...

Hi all,I have a pair of Cisco Catalyst 3750. I connect this two switches using stack cable.Can the two stackwise ports to be configured as trunk?regardsWan Hwai

wanhwai by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, can anyone tell me, when a pc makes an arp reqauest and the device is not on the local switch, does the switch cache every mac address thats not local on its uplink port ?

Resolved! module problem ?

hi netpro,need ur advice . pls.Apr 18 10:01:24.297: %C4K_SWITCHMANAGER-4-S2WERRORREPORT: (Suppressed 8 times)PimEthAutoNeg: S2w Read/Write Error for port Fa4/28.any suggest or solution this will not happened again ? because the entire dept users are ...

ney25 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to use DUAL ISP's for load-balancing a LAN to LAN IPSEC using OER? The other side of the VPN is a Cisco PIX 515. I do not see hardly any documentation out there and don't have the equipment to test....

jfinley by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3550 switch where I work at that when I console in and start a session it reboots itself causeing all kinds of trouble. Any suggestions why and how to fix?

Using police (because rate-limit doesn't work on a vlan) to control traffic in and out of a VLAN, but it isn't working. I want to limit traffic to 256k/386 Burst, but when I do a speed test I am getting FAR more than that.here is my config:class-map...

highontcp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

RIP-1 and IGRP are both classfull routing protocols, in that they send the subnet mask in the routing updates. If the router is incorrectly configured with different masks on different interfaces which mask is assumed?i.e. Router has interfacesSeri...

I have 2948 switch running CatOS 6.3.7. One device is connected to the switch port and the port is showning connected, however we can not see the mac address of the device. Any idea how to find out the MAC address of this device..Switch> (enable) sh ...

Ahmede by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone. I have a strange situation where one of our 831b is showing 100% CPU usage and the users aren't complaining at all. I checked the processes and didn't see any that were taking up CPU. The traffic is negligible from what I can see. The ro...