Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Are there any manageable products like a media converter or similar device for connecting a single user's PC to a fiber cable? I have many buildings interconnected by MMF, and a number of these locations have just one user. Right now they're using ...

im currentyly doing my ccna and cisco academy lab books seem to use copy run start or rather copy running-config startup-config however i was watching a traing thing and the instructor was using the command wrso you can see where this is going whats ...

Hello. is there good best practice building switched campus(access,distribution and core)? i have seen many of them. for example access layer to distribution with trunklink or accesslink. from distribution to distribution with trunklink and not. and...

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a large network and a Access layer is 3750E's. I have 2 3750E's that are connected together on the backplain with the Backbone cable. These 2 switches are on a private section of my network (not accessable to anything other than the servers ...

Hi there, I'm having issues configuring a Cisco 800 series router.basically I have followed many guids on adding the port forwards both telnet session and via SDMI have added the lineip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.3 3389 interface dialer0 ...

shocker-z by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking to redesign a flat network, and would like advice in terms of design/equipment needed. The current network has 500 users. Their are 15 data closets with HP 4000 switches, being fed back to one switch via fiber. No vlans are in use. Most n...

vanguard1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2950 series switch running ios version 12.1(19)EA1c but it doesnt have alot of features. Where can I find out the most up-to-date version that the 2950 can handle?

hello,I read about VLAN Configuration on the address http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00804761b2.htmlbut I do not understand the difference between VLAN creation and deletion in Global conf...

I have a 6509 switch with VTP mode as server. There are 20 no's of 2970 switches connected to it with VTP mode set to client and all switches are in the same domain. All the switches are trunked using dot1Q encapsulation and are communicating good ...