Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a 4507 w/SUP IV IOS 12.2(31)SG and noticed that one of our Linux servers that was connected to an ether-channel was showing 100/half on the server side and on the switch side it showed 100/full but there was no duplex mismatch error that was ...

jcmattos1 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello! I am working in a network design for a implementation in a customer, so far we have decided that the Core will be a pair of 4507R with SupV10Ge, and the access should be 4x 3750G-48 for one floor, and 3x 3750G-48 for the second floor (Stack is...

Caue W by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear sir,I am having RSP4+ installed in Cisco 7507 . I am getting the message "Slave in slot 3 is halted."Is this message OK. If yes, after my Active RSP goes down , will standby RSP become active automaticall .regds,aman

amansoi_5 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was planning to enable a VLAN by copying the following lines:switchport mode accessspanning-tree portfastHowever, I made a mistake to copy to the different port which should beswitchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunkAfter the copy...

I am doing a switch comparison between the 3750 stack and the 4500. I am comparing the 3750G-48TS with the 4510R (SupV and 4548-GB-RJ45 line card).I have found information showing that the 4500 chassis supports 6 Gbps per slot. The 3750 shows it be...

Hi,I'm starting a business in web hosting and ASP(email services and HR services).I need help about the right architecture for my network. I don't want to buy bandwidth from ISP but I prefer to setup my network.. I will have about 10 servers(2 for DN...

tazi44444 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

how to build a network with 12th floor ?what is the right type hardware or equipment such as switch, cable, etc and also integrated with a security camera..?please does anyone can help me..?

Hi, I have switches having data vlans and voice vlans. My switchport is configured with "switchport access vlan x" command and "switchport voice vlan y". Now I want voice vlan to take DHCP address from Call Manager, here DHCP is configured in Call ...

dumble4me by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

En un puerto q se encuentra configurado de la siguiente manera:switchport access vlan 105 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk allowed vlan 105,170 switchport mode trunkEs necesario monitorear lo que pasa en ambas vlan?s para saber q...

edavila01 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 6500 (one is a WS-C6509-E and the other is a WS-C6509). I try to connect between them in port channel with 2 connection in gigaethernet...But i have received this error:Mar 19 11:49:42: %STANDBY-3-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 192.168.104.29 on...

abigi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes