Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

The company I work for has a number of remote branches that are only able to route traffic on a 10.1.xxx.xxx network. A requirement to allow these branches to connect to a public IP (port 2700) is proving somewhat of a headache - since the routes are...

I am in the process of upgrading the image on a Cat 4510 IOS. When I do a show bootvar it shows the followingBOOT variable = not availableCONFIG_FILE variable not availableConfiguration register is 0x2101ignore-config: disabledauto-config: non-recurr...

londint by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When I do a copy runn start, it comes up with copying file 7888 and compressed to 1433. Please what is this and if and when I do an upgrade, will this be affected?This is an a Cat 4510 IOSThanks

londint by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cut-over our previously flat network a year ago and implemented VLANs. We kept the servers in VLAN 98 and the users in VLAN 90 (DHCP scope all setup for WINS/DNS/, ip helper, routing via core, etc..) and everything has been fine for approx. a year n...

CanEHdian by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everybody!Is it possible to estabish tagged communication (using tagged ports and frames) between router 1841 and LAN switch (for example Allied Telesn 9924)to send and receive frames to a few vlans defined on switch over one physical link?Swit...

Hi to all. I'm try to connect a Catalyst 6509 with a accelar 1050. In the Catalyst the interface has "Trunk Encapsulation dot1q" because this is a trunk interface, but I don't know how configure it in the accelar. Somebady has done this configuration...

I have a server that is dual homed - each nic is on its own subnet. nic1 is on 10.135.0.0/16 and nic2 is on 20.40.0.0/16. problem is, on the other side of the 20.40 nework is another 10.135 network that is discontiguous from the 10.135 net off nic1. ...

matt_heff by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a number of sites where we are using RSPAN over LAN-extension services for mirroring Voice VLAN traffic to a centralised voice recorder.Across the sites and the core network we have configured one RSPAN VLAN. On each edge switch we are cap...

Hello,I have a two 6509 core switches.They are configured for HSRP.143.61.184.1 is the IP of one of them and 143.61.184.2 is the IP of the second one.I am getting these two emails in my mail every few minutes from Ciscoworks. Everything seems fine on...

mzsaad123 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes