Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Everytime I power down my 6509 in the lab, my SUP1A card seems to lose its config and boot up in router(boot) mode. My startupconfig does point to the correct image in bootflash: This works fine if I simply reset/reload the MSFC2, however if the 6509...

dclee by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Designing a gigabit backbone campus network. College have six buildings, each building contain 200 computers. In each building 200 computers connect to a centre switch using 100BaseT Full Duplex Ethernet link with a spanning tree topology. Centre sw...

ciscofanz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I need to stop broadcasting my ssid as its being reported that in our office if a Wi-Fi scan was done with any handheld device our ssid is visible on it. The requirement is to stop that. Can you please suggest me how can i do that on a Cisco 120...

I'm a little unsure about how our servers are configured on our DMZ and I want to know if our setup is the best practice or if I'm doing it completely wrong.We have 3 servers on our DMZ - 2 IIS/webservers, and 1 front end Exchange server. Each serve...

abruso by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our LAN comprises of a Master 3550 catalyst switch and on all the other floors we have 2950s. I'd like to know why whenever the master switch goes offline for any reason at all e.g. power failure e.t.c. when the power is restored, we loose network c...

pauldania by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We currently have a Frame relay Network comprised of 80 plus sites running EIGRP. We will be migrating to an MPLS network soon using Juniper Routers. Are there any recommendations on how best to accomplish this??? Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Hi all, I need to block addresses to servers on my lan, the only issue is they are on the same subnet as everything else, I was going to use a pix in transparent mode, but I dont have a 515. is there anything else I can do ?

I have 28 x 3550 xl's and the cpu times and response time are 50% higher than all the 3550 smi i have. Has anyone else noticed a performance issue with 3550xl's. I plan to replace them. What is the recommend replacements for 3550xl's

Hi all, i have some servers at work, on the same subnet as my other servers, i want to restrict traffic to 4 of them using a pix, I just want to restrict subnets, my question is would i need to put the pix in transparent mode? and do i need to put ip...

Hi All ,I am facing the problem with HSRP and VLAN's and the setup is as attached.HSRP is configured on the routers.1.When i am trying to ping from AND_CS01_AB1(2950 switch) to any of the serial ip the routers i couldn't able to ping.( ip default gat...

smothuku by Level 7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to allow outgoing traffic on 5 host 134.144.152.156/158/160/162/164 to 63.170.10.5 can i use wildcard mask ?thanks!

Hi, I have a C2821 with a Switchcard - I wantto get the vlans working. I am used to C6000 Series, however this model does not allow for set commands etc I have tried to get VTP flowing between them - the card is known as GI1/0. ! ! interface GigabitE...

edw by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, is there any way i can stop dhcp broadcasts on my switch coming through one of the ports, I have a site plugged in via a lan extension circuit, I dont want the dhcp propagating via the layer 2 link to my other site? how can i do this ?