Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am capturing syslog events from numerous cisco switches and have noticed my 2950 switches generate link up/down as errors when a connected device is rebooted. I obviously need to collect all error level events from these switches but do not really...

Hi,everyone, I have a silly question: Cisco 851 has 4 non-managed ports while 871 router has 4 managed ports. What is the diffrent? As I know, the 4 ports on 871 could be assinged to diffrent Vlan and could be configured as Trunk port. Kind of like a...

femalwolf by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

To have a multicasting application running in a network of Cisco routers/switches...Is only #ip multicast-routing enough.Thanks in advance for all your help

Hello all :)So, the way summarisation bounds the EIGRP query domain is as follows.Just image this simple topologysiteArtr1-----------siteArtr2----------siteArtr3-----------siteBrtr1---------siteBrtr2---------siteBrtr3Ie, if you run a 10.0.0.0 netwo...

HI EXPERT's!Kindly;examine the attachment:i want etherchannel to load balance across 4 links..EXPERT'S What is ur Suggestion here L3 OR L2 Link between Site 1 & site 2;if so why ?10xssayyed

alsayed by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to configure PVST+ on a Cisco Catalyst 2950 with IOS Version 12.1(22)EA8a however the available options only shows - Multiple Spanning Tree(MST)and Per Virtual Spanning tree(PVST). Do I need to enable Rapid Spanning Tree?? PLease help.

I have Hyperterminal configured to 9600 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit and no flow control as required, but my 1711 only puts out a few garbled ascii characters when powered up. I cannot verify if it has booted successfully or not. Is there ...

drumrb0y by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am currently running cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25ewa6 on a catalyst 4503 supervisor II plus TS, which doesnt support SSH management. Will upgrading to one of the following do the job:12.2.31-SGA1 (ED)12.2.31-SGA (ED)12.2.31-SG1 (ED)12.2.31-SG (ED)12.2.25...

I have a 2800 series router that I'm using for a frame router. it has 2 gigabit interfaces, but I cannot get the traffic to communicate across these two interfaces. it will ping the address of the interfaces but nothing beyond that

computer by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes