Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiiCan any one tell me what is the difference between CatOS & Cisco IOS.Or can both OS works together in single switch.Thanx

hello,i have configured a cisco router 2811 who is connected to switch 3550 in F0/1 by his G0/0 interface. i configured 2 dhcp pool in the router.whene i put the ipPhones in the switch, they can have an ip address via the Voice pool, but the Laptop...

abouhich by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am pretty new to Cisco so please bare with me.I am setting up a 4506 switch w/ a sup IV as a core switch with 5 Dell 3348 Switches as my access points.I intend on trunking each Dell switch to the one of the Cisco ports obviously with dot1q.As...

pru_admit by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can someone pls help me to configure switches and router seen on the attached figure? all computers in the figure must ping each other. L3 switch is OSPF capable but no specific routing protocol is requested. tx in advance for helping.

ohalnet53 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am being enticed by the simplicity of applying Cisco SmartPortconfigurations to all my switchports to "improve" network performance.Does anyone have any experience with using Desktop SmartPortconfigurations at the access switches?

Is there a recommended practice to control/manage multiple default routes as more and more of our OSPF areas/markets get their own Internet? Is it just using filters/route maps? (OSPF area filtering?) I thought of adjusting the E1 metrics for each...

joet8591 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how can I tell the number of active TCP connections that say a switch or router is currently handling? I've tried looking at tcpActiveOpens.0 and tcpPassiveOpens.0 in the MIB, but they don't seem to relate t...

Hi all, when designing the typical core, dist access network setup, Would I plug my servers in to the access switches ? or the dist switches , and would there gateway be the dist switches ? can anyone help ?

Hi,I have about 5 access switches connected via fiber to a main switch in the MDF. The MDF switch has been manually configured as the root switch and 3 of the 5 switches acknowledge it as root. The final ones do not. Switch 4 is directly connected...

In a situation of two router linked by the serial ports and the fastethernetport of each router to each of their segment... Router A Router B A Segment <------> FastEth FastEth <------> B Segment ...