Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Currently I have 1 router that performs pbr to send http,https traffic thru a bsd captive portal and all other traffic out a different gateway. I will be getting 2 Cisco 3745 routers soon (they are being replaced by 3845s) and would like to replace ...

I have a 7206VXR NPE400 with two PA-GE (one in slot 1, one in slot 4 so distributed). It also has a 2 port FE IO controller but both ports are shut down and not in use.What kind of performance should I expect out of the GE ports? I can't find any a...

Hello all, I have a 4507 with a single WS-X4516 Supervisor V engine. My status LED is a constant orange. According to the documentation, an orange LED means "System boot or diagnostic test is in progress."The switch appears to be functioning proper...

Can any one tell me if the switchport blades in the 4500 series (or 6500 series for that matter) are hot swappable? I have to add two more WS-X4248-RJ45V blades to an existing 4507 and I'm wondering if I'll need to shut that switch down (after hour...

Hello,I am having problems with an embedded cisco switch. It came with an IBM blade server. My server admin should be able to configure mutliple vlans on each blade instance. I can assign each blade to a particular vlan, but then the whole blade beco...

santa_cruz by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I just got a cisco 2611, but I can not hyper-term into it. I'm getting a display of the bootup sequence, but it wont accept any keystrokes. I triple checked all the settings (9600, 8, N, 1), even varried the baud rate and emulation, but s...

Resolved! new vlan problem

I have configured two new vlans. I am able to ping those vlans via any switch on the network. The problem is when I try to ping it from a machine that has been setup on that vlan with a static ip, the request times out.

Hi all, if I have 4 fast ethernet interfaces on my router, and also a vlan interface, can you have an ip address on each fastethernet interface ? and can you have multiple vlans on the router ?

Resolved! Bgp policy

Any one can help to resolve my confusion in bgp ..we have purchase AS number from APNIC . what kind of policy both outgoing and incoming that I have to in my BGP . I do have 2 ISP CONNECTIVITY. Is there any seperate configuration is needed?thank u i...

swamy105 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Someone could please provide me the command i need to place (on 3560 EMI and 6509 IOS, but i think it's the same) in order to change login and psw for telnet and consolle access. (with ecritption too) thanks,simone

ogadri by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My cisco catalyst 3550 is displaying the following syslog error: Syslog Message: IP-3-LOOPPAK Description: Looping packet detected and dropped - src=[int], dst=[int], hl=[int], tl=[int], prot=[int], sport=[int], dport=[int] in=[chars], nexthop=[int...

Hi,the show controllers utilization command always show 0 counters on a 3560 switch. Does anyone know why what could be the cause of it ?Many thanks,Laszlo

Privilege levels are from 0-15, where 15 is the full & 1 is the low & 5 is the medium, but what about the rest & also how do i make use of this in the Cisco ACS? because i am planning to make use of this privilege level in the group settings, like on...

Resolved! QoS

I have two routers cisco 2801 with VoIP between them.I used the following interface config for qos:interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address 10.84.243.1 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto auto discovery qos interface Serial0/3/0 bandwidth 64 no ip addre...