Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In an ethernet connection from a Cisco 7613 router ethernet port through a patch panel to an ONS 15454 E100T interface card, is a crossover cable required and if so, does convention dictate the crossover cable be installed on the router side of the p...

I'm a newbie to multicasting, so forgive me.Scenario - I have 3 Switched PDU that communicate amongst each other via multicasting. All 3 are on the same switch and in the same VLAN. 2 of the units see each other but the 3rd sees nothing. No filtering...

kst.amand by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am monitoring tx/rx on two ports on two separate switches. I am reflecting to a remote vlan, where I have my ethereal cable connected. My trace shows 3 copies of every packet. Is there any way to eliminate this problem, or is it simply the best...

svick2771 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I have a vlan with 3 port in the vlan and one of those ports is an L2TP termination to a remote switchport, what is the relationship between the port with the xconnect command and the other two ports in the vlan?I have a hub and spoke environment ...

tcsadm001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Are my assumptions about this command correct?-The passive-interface command can be implemented at the global, interface, and router config modes.- When implemented in the global mode, all interfaces don't send or listen to routing updates.-When set ...

Hello,I have cisco 871 router which after press on the "reset" button doesn't start at all. The all lights on the router are flashing after cold restart, also I can't even connect trough console.Need your help with the issue.Thank you.

Hi,Am having a weird problem with a SUP720. I wanted to load a new IOS onto it and it keeps loading the current IOS.My boot line is:boot system flash disk0:s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.binBOOT variable = disk0:s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-...

Hello.I'm searching for routers which support the following specifications:- Traffic Engineering- CoS differentiator support - MPLS- Fast RerouteI'd like to know which Cisco product is adequate for this case and do I need some additional network mod...

is it enough if one physical port is set to no switchport for making the intervlan communication to happen and should we need to enable ip routing command?

aksher by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card