Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We have a Cisco 2500 series router supplied by our Internet Service Provider for use with the leased line for internet connectivity. In that NAT was enabled to connect it to our local network. Now when we are trying to connect to our client in ano...

I have inherited a couple of Cat-2950 switches and noticed the following config on ports:interface GigabitEthernet0/1 description blade1 switchport access vlan 65 switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-4094 switchport mode acc...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Is there a way to find out traffic information from source IP to destination IP, like ip accounting used on routers, on the catalyst 2950 switch. My switch has the standard image.Also what performance impact would it have on the switch, if pos...

dukenukem by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI was looking at purchasing a 2811 router with additional Ethernet ports for routing between LANs. The only cards available for the 2800 series seems to be HWIC 'switch' cards. I understand that these cards also provide routing functionality ...

We have users in Boston who will be using a PIX in NY for Internet access. We also need to NAT the destination addresses for the packets leaving Boston for NY, so we are thinking of using a proxy server in NY and point to its IP NATed address from th...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6 switch cascaded stack with a rendundant link using 6 Gigastack GBICs. Is it possible/advisable to pull in a 7th switch with built-in RJ45 1000Mb uplinks, into the stack by putting 2 x GBICs into 2 of the 6 existing switches and completing ...

andymh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi:I have a new Pix 501 firewall. I set it up from the new out of the box default configuration to use PPPOE. I can ping internet IP addresses from the router so I know the connection is up and working. I can access the inside port of the router from...

Hi,I noticed that hosts located in the dmz interface of my Pix 515E has a poor bandwidth (~2-3MB/s on 100mbps link) when transferring data to the inside interface. Inside to inside transfers seem decent (5-6MB/s on 100mbps link)Is this normal?Thanks ...

a.paradis by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have a simple question, but I can get to the solution, so I'm posting it here.I have one Cisco 827 router and an old Intel 3110 VPN Gateway (and firewall) behind the cisco router. The scenario is this: internet <--> Cisco 827 <--> Intel 3310 <--> LA...

Have a simple question, but I can get to the solution, so I'm posting it here. I have one Cisco 827 router and an old Intel 3110 VPN Gateway (and firewall) behind the cisco router. The scenario is this: internet <--> Cisco 827 <--> Intel 3310 <--> LA...

Hi,Just a quick configuration question about EIGRP.Lets say I have 6x 2600 Routers in a ring topology using the Serial interfaces: 2600A -> 2600B, 2600B -> 2600C ...etc... 2600E -> 2600F, 2600F -> 2600A and I want to use the EIGRP routing protocol.26...

I just received an 831 router I got in ebay, however it apparently was previously configured and its prompting me for a username and then a password as soon as it boots. How can I go about clearing this? I I get this both via the console and the web ...

lbogiani by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes