Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, We have a customer with a large number of WS-C3650-48PS switches installed. The issue we are facing is that POE on these switches is failing at fairly regular intervals. We are not using POE on all ports - a maximum of 12 ports on any one swit...

Hi all,I'm installing and setting up 2 Catalyst 9200L in stack for the first time, and I am some doubts about the correct configuration I have to do.I have to connect to them some stand alone servers and some servers with redundant NICs, I have to co...

Good morning, hopefully a simple answer to this question.  we have a trunked p2p fiber connection between our main and DR sites 3850s.  We want to add a second fiber connection for redundancy.  Would this be as simple as trunking the new fiber and al...

ckunz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have two vlans.One is configured with dhcp,tftp,pxe boot servers and other vlan is tring to pxe boot but we are getting pxe boot arp timeout error. I have configured DHCP relay on the client vlan where the pxe client try to boot DHCP definitel...

Hi, i am new to cisco Nexus devices, I am trying to configure default-route:I want to my server (192.168.10.5, vlan 500) can access to default gateway (192.168.1.1) at pfsense.My switch is Cisco N3K-3064PQe1/1 connected to pfsense as routed porte1/5 ...

Hello, I was upgrading the firmware of one of our 2960-X Switches to c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E3. When the firmware was updated the switch rebooted and was coming up with "BOOT FAIL". I am not able to get to ROMmon. It has no reaction if I press ...

kalweit01 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, I am upgrading a pair of 4500X in VSS from 3.08 to 3.11, rommon version is "15.0(1r)SG12" I did not see anything in the release notes, that would stop me from doing the upgrade, I am planning to do the following steps. ActionCommandBacku...

suarej by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 2 server rooms in different buildings 200 meters apart. Is VSS still the only VPC alternative for IOS switches. We would have to run atleast 32 fiber pairs between buildings. Also does it create a limitation if the 6800 switches are already i...

vss.png
raj-toor by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I want to block UDP (best of all) traffic from vlan220 to vlan100, and allow udp traffic from vlan100 to vlan220.Is there something new in the new IOS-XE? TCP works fine. But unfortunately, certain services using UDP are unavailable.Thanks! PGI

pgi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i have 2-4gbps bps and during attacks 4-5m pps and i want to lunch 10-12x GRE tunnel and total trafic for gre tunels are around 500-600mbps and i have 3x 10G uplink from different ip transtis and i have full bpg table from them so i have 2 opti...

blackmetal by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes