Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a problem with siemens industrial profinet apparatous and my Cat2960.Siemens host can be pinged without any problem but they are not able to do any other kind of traffic.If i look at the interface I can find that all ingress packet are U...

l.buschi by Level 2
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI'm hoping for a second pair of eyes..I have two switches with fibre between them (between buildings). I'm using cisco "compatible" FS 10K Modules. (Cisco SFP-10G-LR Compatible 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km Duplex LC SMF DOM Optical Transceiver Modul...

M34 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Disable DHCP

Hello,Can we disable dchp request on specific cisco port switch, so any device connected to this port will not get ip addr from dhcp?

hs08 by Spotlight
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

salam,my question is, in left topology i can ping between two routersin right topology i can't 1- is it because in left topology .. i have switch ports? (i added them manual)2- so in left topology can we said it's not a router it's similar to L3 Swit...

Hello Recently bought a module EHWIC 4ESG-in will install the cisco router 2921. But the cisco router is not recognizing this module. How to proceed?sh invNAME: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis", DESCR: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis"PID: CISCO2921/K9      , VID: V01 , ...

we have two cisco business switch in stack it has ten g ports. in our old network all connectivity is on 1 g. so now we want configure this switch fiber uplink port as 1 . we have configured port 1/0/21 & 2/0/21 fiber ports with 1g SFP but still show...

The catalyst-ie3300-rugged-series-ds.pdf data sheet for the does not explicitly state that a SFP-10G-T-X SFP module is compatible with the IE-3300-8T2X-E switch.Is there a reason why a SFP-10G-T-X SFP module wouldn't work with a IE-3300-8T2X-E switch...

chriswj88 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We currently have a few of these acting as access switches around our network.These switches run our POE telephones and our Workstations. (Switch --> Phone --> Workstation).Recently a user had brought a switch to the network and removed the teleph...

Hi I have got switches 9200l. How to use a scrypt 9 password on VTY lines?Switch(config-line)#password ? 0 Specifies an UNENCRYPTED password will follow 7 Specifies a HIDDEN password will follow <0-9> Encryption types not explicitly ...

Moudar by VIP
  • 15 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi, We have a Switch Cisco SF200E - with 12 Port of PoE and connectiin to AP in lobby and some area. Recently, the Switch start to hang and the light of PoE stop working, unless I disconnect the Eithernet cable from the switch and put it back and tha...

Hello team,   I am trying to upload new image to a cisco ISR4331. I am at the Rommon> where I put the below commands. rommon 2 > IP_ADDRESS=10.0.0.1 rommon 3 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0 rommon 4 > TFTP_SERVER=10.0.0.2    == my pc ip tftpser rommon...