Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm able to get to the 3132Q-32 40Gbps switch via the serial console, and would like to add additional management connectivity. The switch currently has username admin configured, with no password.  It seems I may need a password to be able to SSH to...

plu by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, everyone!I wanted to make a static DHCP pool to a device. i tried the binding options but in vain! i assigned the IP dynamically and i found the Id looks like 00aa.aabb.bbcc.cc00 or 00aa.aabb.bbcc.cc00.  Since it is not on the format Mac@ | Clien...

Hello all,I had a customer issue and I'm hoping for some insight.They have a NIDS solution hanging off of a Cisco switch. They are utilizing the switch to the extent that it is not possible to set up any more VLAN sessions, if I understand their des...

wheatstraw by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

my switch is not accessible through telnet , Earlier we used to access but from yesterday we are not able access that switch . Its a 4948E, we are getting ping to sw IP adderess and also the switch is switching the traffic more than 16 Gig .. why can...

Cisco's range of IE switches cater for a range of industrial applications.  I'm trying to determine what an IE switch can do that a 9300 switch cannot. So far i have:- IE switches are physically small and can be DIN mounted. Ideal for tight spaces.- ...

jmcgrady1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I am in a classroom environment. I cannot access two 3550 catalyst switches using the console port. I am able to access one using telnet, however the professor, who no longer works here and is unavailable has not provided the password. I have tried t...

Hello, We have a customer with a large number of WS-C3650-48PS switches installed. The issue we are facing is that POE on these switches is failing at fairly regular intervals. We are not using POE on all ports - a maximum of 12 ports on any one swit...

Hi all,I'm installing and setting up 2 Catalyst 9200L in stack for the first time, and I am some doubts about the correct configuration I have to do.I have to connect to them some stand alone servers and some servers with redundant NICs, I have to co...

Good morning, hopefully a simple answer to this question.  we have a trunked p2p fiber connection between our main and DR sites 3850s.  We want to add a second fiber connection for redundancy.  Would this be as simple as trunking the new fiber and al...

ckunz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have two vlans.One is configured with dhcp,tftp,pxe boot servers and other vlan is tring to pxe boot but we are getting pxe boot arp timeout error. I have configured DHCP relay on the client vlan where the pxe client try to boot DHCP definitel...

Hi, i am new to cisco Nexus devices, I am trying to configure default-route:I want to my server (192.168.10.5, vlan 500) can access to default gateway (192.168.1.1) at pfsense.My switch is Cisco N3K-3064PQe1/1 connected to pfsense as routed porte1/5 ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card